Earliest to Receive Admission Decision: ED?

<p>Yes, I have same question also. When do EA applicants hear back?</p>

<p>Feb 1st is the EA notification date. That is 7 weeks away.</p>

<p>Feb 1 on the dot. Funny about the notifications. If I had check the mail I would have found out sooner because they had not announced the released of the results and they did not send an email. ED is a lot smaller than EA so is difficult to find information on CC.Last year we had a big group on Feb 1 giving real time checks on CaneLink. It was a lot of fun and we actually became friends with some of the parents. Good luck to and I hope you all get in and ultimately choose the U as your college. Go Canes!</p>

<p>@Narissa I received the physical letter! Inside contained a folder and all with a bumper sticker, information about registering to CaneLink, etc. You’ve probably already registered to CaneLink but there is new things you must do, such as the deposit.</p>

<p>Thank you, dechevarria! Mine didn’t arrive yet haha I’m in Jersey, but thank you for that :)</p>

<p>Congrats to you all! It must feel really great :slight_smile: Unfortunately for me, I’m still waiting to hear about my ED decision.</p>

<p>Thanks, Kazhaya! May I ask your stats?</p>

<p>Yeah congrats everyone! I’m still waiting too though :(</p>

<p>I’m also waiting on my ED decision. It says my transcript was initiated and not received but I know for a fact that I sent it…did this happen do anyone else?</p>

<p>Can we all post our stats, please? I’m curious :3</p>

<p>And 44skier, they still may have yet to match your transcript to your CommonApp :/. If I were you, I’d call the office of admission! (305) 284-4323. Sorry about that though! Good luck with everything <3</p>

<p>Initiated means they have it, by the way! So no need to worry. I’d still call though :)</p>

<p>I know for a fact that the son of someone inside UM that applied ED still did not received an answer and his father is an important part of the faculty. This means that they are still processing the paperwork. Maybe alphabetical other? We are B.</p>

<p>ddahwan, it’s not alphabetical. My D is waiting to hear but someone she knows who is later in the alphabet was accepted already.</p>

<p>yeah it’s so annoying it says my application is complete and that they sent out the decision letter there’s just no decision anywhere</p>

<p>and for narissababie I attend one of the top public schools in NY, so Miami typically accepts around 20 or so kids from my school. My overall GPA is a 3.2 but that’s cause I kinda bombed freshman year. My current GPA (not including my freshman year) would be like 3.5 (unweighted). I don’t know what my weighted GPA because my school doesn’t weight them, but I’ve only gotten straight A’s in my AP’s so it’s going to be higher weighted. I’m taking/taken four AP’s. I got a 33 on my ACT, but since I know Miami superscores the ACT it’s a 34. For extracurriculars I’ve been on my schools field hockey team (which is one of the top in the state) and ski team. I’m a lifeguard and a swim instructor. I volunteer three times a week with people with disabilities. Twice a week I’m a swim instructor for them and then once a week in school I helped with their gym class. I’ve also been in performing art shows at my school and I’m into photography.</p>

<p>My school has naviance and according to the graph I should get in but I don’t know! I just want to hear back, haha. When I went to the information session they said they were looking for a B+ A- student so that’s good!</p>

<p>Stacy do not worry, with your stats you are in. Tracy I do not know how they do it. Maybe they divide it among several people to process it faster, I only know that some people her in Miami did not get yet and are qualify to get in. My son last year applied EA and it took almost a week for them to go through everybody. This year they had a lot of problems with the CA. I called several times and they had to fax some information that was not being downloaded. They even had problem getting ACT scores. I do believe everything is in the system but is downloading slowly. Last year they did not have Canelink ( they implemented this year) working full time and I think this is also part of the problem.</p>

<p>Ddahwan, good stats doesn’t always mean acceptance. A stroll over to the Tulane forum demonstrates that clearly. Many with high stats have been deferred to RD. People keep saying that to my D too, that she’s going to get in to Miami. But no one has a crystal ball and I don’t want to see her set up for a fall because of well intentioned people’s opinions.</p>

<p>NYMomof3 I understand. Miami wants to attract good students but you are right, every year the game gets more difficult to predict. The wait is the hardest thing to do. Good Luck to all. After you son/daughter get admitted and sign with the U (either ED,EA or RD), send me a message and I will connect you with the UM Parents Group.</p>

<p>Yeah I actually got accepted to Tulane but that’s why I’m nervous because you never know!! But thank you anyways! Nothing we can do now but wait!</p>

<p>The CaneLink site is working intermittently, it states that the my app is completed but I haven’t been admitted yet. Under the communications bar, it states that the decision letter was sent 12/6 but when I go to open up the letter, it doesn’t allow me. Somebody told me to make a deposit into CaneLink and that if the deposit is accepted, then there’s a very good chance you have been admitted. I made a deposit and it went through and I got a confirmation email. Can anyone give me confirmation on this?</p>