Early Action -- New Thread for 2011

<p>It is less than two weeks away until February 1 and I noticed that some of the other threads include a ton of dated entries. So, let's start a new thread to share information for the EA applicants for this year. I'm on the west coast and anxious to hear. Does anyone know if they have historically notified applicants ahead of the February 1 published date?</p>

<p>hi mangotree. i think there is a thread for this already :)</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-miami-florida/1076197-official-ea-results-thread.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-miami-florida/1076197-official-ea-results-thread.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I have read in previous threads, and in that one about two weeks to go until the deadline, that decisions can come anytime between January 25 - February 1. Based on what I’ve read on these forums, it appears that the online My UM notification will not occur until February 1 or later. Someone also said that people who applied ED this year heard back 6 days before the deadline. Hopefully that trend will continue - who knows? But I’ll be checking my mailbox religiously everyday. :)</p>

<p>Apparently, 3 years ago they came 10 days early, 2 year 6 or 7 days early and last year they started on the 29th. So my guess is they will come Monday the 31st or the 1st for everyone.</p>

<p>Wow. Everybody is wound up pretty tight about this decision. Hope everyone has a back up plan. Good luck.</p>

<p>Jeeves: This is a pretty big decision for a lot of people, potentially life-changing. If you can’t appreciate that, why post on this forum to begin with?</p>

<p>Sure it’s a big decision. I was just commenting about people agonizing over the wait. I guess it’s human nature. I’ll try to be more sensitive next time.</p>

<p>Does anyone know how they communicate decisions? Online first, followed by mail or just mail?</p>

<p>Mail, I’m guessing either late this week or next Monday, then online on or shortly after the 1st.</p>

<p>Any word anyone? I’m on the west coast, so mail will take longer out here. Did anyone figure out if we end up finding out first by MyUM or snail mail?</p>

<p>I actually live in Tampa, FL. I did not get a letter in the mail today. I called Office of Admissions at Miami and they sounded very annoyed. They said letters have not been sent out yet and kept repeating that January 1st date.
My prediction is that if it is going to come early, it will be Monday the 31st. I bet they mail them out this Friday. </p>

<p>Sorry to break the news of no super early decisions back.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>D’s backup plan is already admitted to Tulane, Pittsburgh and James Madison. Hoping for UM and Lehigh.</p>

<p>I’m a UM alum, BBA 1978, MBA 1979</p>

<p>Good luck everyone! Miami is a great school.</p>

<p>Go Canes!!!</p>

<p>I agree with Frank. I’ve read other posts from previous years where some people living in Miami did not get their letter until February 1</p>

<p>I’m gonna sound so weird but I seriously check myUM once every hour.</p>

<p>Lol I totally do that too. I practically stalk my mailman when he comes everyday. xD</p>

<p>oh gosh me too, I stalked my mailman today and there was nothing :(</p>

<p>Me too! It really stinks :confused: I’ve sent my app in October so I have been waiting like almost 4 months. I just need to knooooow!</p>

<p>LOL - Senioritis, you need to put yourself in a coma for about 48 hours…</p>

<p>Last year my friend told me they came about 9 AM Saturday morning. Hopefully it will be the same this year! I am so anxious!</p>