Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>kabizzle, i have Gia as my counselor, apparently she had been traveling around to schools talking to students about UW Madison so she didn’t start reviewing her apps until November 8th. This is what my school guidance counselor told me after exchanging emails with Ms. Euler. My counselor told me that we will be hearing back this week so I’m keeping my fingers crossed</p>

<p>Does anyone have Alec as their counselor and if so have you heard anything?</p>

<p>I also have Gia Euler. I sent my application in on 10/31 so I think it will take a while for my application to be reviewed. Let me know when you guys with the same counselor start hearing back.</p>

<p>Quick question – they will not start reviewing your transcript until all materials are in, correct? I was aiming for the November 1st deadline, but I wasn’t aware that I needed an official transcript from my 9th grade school (every other college is okay with the copy that my current school sends). My app, fee, scores, transcript, etc. were sent by November 1st, but the official “signed, stamped” copy of my 9th grade transcript isn’t being sent until sometime in the next couple days. Is this going to delay the whole process a lot for me? Thanks!!</p>

<p>Regina…
You should really be asking the school admission office this question. Just curious, how did you know that they wouldn’t accept what your HS sent them?</p>

<p>I have Sheri Lunde as a counselor. Does anyone know anything about her? I am from Missouri. I had all my stuff received at Madison by Oct 16. My application says it is being reviewed by an admissions counselor. Just wondering if anyone had any information on Sheri Lunde! Also, will the SOAR thing change when admitted, or go to the Student Center to find out?
Thanks!</p>

<p>I have a question: How does the application works? I assume all these admission councelors compare notes on who is in and who is out based on certain formula? Or addmission is based on which councelor working faster and get more student in? The whole process is a black box to me…</p>

<p>Kristen Korevec was my counselor and she apparently resigned. I guess I’ll be waiting a long time.</p>

<p>Just a thought…Only three students from my school found out they were accepted so far. Two of the student’s last names starts with a B. The other student’s last name starts with a C. Perhaps, the admission decisions are sent out alphabetically. I am wondering if this is a coincidence or not.</p>

<p>I found out online… sorry, I think my earlier post may have been a bit confusing. I logged on and my status was “Congratulations! You have been accepted…” I didn’t check it on the weekend, though, so maybe it did change and I just didn’t see it. My last piece of the application was sent in around 10/10. Hope this helps!
My last name starts with W, so maybe it’s not alphabetical?
My SOAR box says something like “We are not accepting SOAR registration for your year…” so it apparently does change when you’re admitted.</p>

<p>

I checked my admission status online and it told me which parts of my application they had received and which they still needed; it listed “9th grade report” as something they still needed, and my college counselor told me that once in a while a school will require an original version of the transcript.</p>

<p>I highly doubt it is alphabetical at all. A friend of mine submitted his application at roughly the same time as me and he was accepted even though his first and last name come later in the alphabet. Mine still says "We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Check back here for updates on your application status."</p>

<p>He applied to engineering (I think) and I applied elsewhere, perhaps this explains why his application has been returned and mine hasn’t. This is all speculative.</p>

<p>Our counselor is Kristin Korevec.</p>

<p>Defcon, is your friend’s ACT score (or SAT) higher than yours?</p>

<p>My submitted ACT score was 33 while his was 29.</p>

<p>Well, there goes that theory! Hope you get good news soon, DefCon.</p>

<p>You apply to the university as a whole, though you can indicate a major, so I don’t think the Engineering had anything to do with it.</p>

<p>Ditto on the above- your intended/proposed major/school/college has nothing to do with being accepted. You are “competing with” everyone who applies regardless of planned field and are accepted to the university as a whole. You can change your mind after being admitted, no advantages to certain majors on your application. The declared major will help you get the most appropriate SOAR advisor assignment next summer.</p>

<p>Based on Defcon’s post, it may have little to do with stats as well…This is a very strange admission process…</p>

<p>I am sure to those handling the process it makes perfect sense. :wink: We are all driving ourselves crazy trying to figure out something that can’t really be figured out. We, including myself, just need to practice some patience and let the process run it’s course. In the end it will all work out regardless of the decisions handed down.</p>

<p>My SOAR box on My UW-Madison site changed today to “The SOAR Program is not currently accepting reservations for your admit term.”</p>

<p>SHOULD I BE EXCITED?!?!?!?
whether I should be excited or not… I am. I’m FREAKING OUT actually. I REALLY want to go to Wisconsin!!! Born and raised an Ohio State Buckeye… and I STILL want to go there.</p>

<p>anxious2011: My daughter’s soar message changed last Wednesday afternoon and she found out online Friday morning that she was admitted. I’m excited for you! Good luck!!</p>