Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>^cgrad87 - read post #20 then #252 for our D’s timeline.</p>

<p>Does anyone have Sheri Lunde for a counselor? I had all my stuff submitted 10/16. my status says my application is being reviewed by an admissions counselor.</p>

<p>I just want to remind everyone, I applied as a freshman before the deadline (I believe late August/early September). My letter did not come until January and I was in the same place, on this website everyday seeing people getting news back and checking every day. It is SO important to be patient, because though it is rolling admission they have to consider each of the thousands upon thousands of applications on a equal and thorough note. Good luck to everyone, GO BADGERS!</p>

<p>^ eeek I submitted in October and really don’t wanna wait till January!!! I’ve had “one of our counselors is reviewing your application” thing like 3 weeks ago and it’s still on! Haha is that how long you think it’ll take?</p>

<p>There seems to be some clear cut cases of acceptance and clear cut rejections. Those who are in the middle are the ones have to wait. If there are only 1000 slot, with 20,000 applicants, the school will have to compare among all applicants giving out, say 20-100 clear winners and then carefully evaluate the rest. This makes some sense. First come-first serve rule may not apply here.</p>

<p>Does anyone else have Roxanne? I haven’t heard of her making any decisions yet, so yeah. She might be traveling (I’m kinda scared to e-mail her to ask her what’s going on).</p>

<p>Yeah I really hope I hear sometime soon.</p>

<p>I know this has been asked a lot… but should my D be excited if her app status just switched to ‘being reviewed by a counselor’?</p>

<p>Also, has anyone heard of what kind of credentials people are getting waitlisted with?</p>

<p>Thanks guys, this is so nerve racking!</p>

<p>I know someone who had a 3.87 gpa and a 31 and she got waitlisted but had no ecs</p>

<p>I would NOT get excited about a status change to “being reviewed by a counselor”. At least 7 others have reported having their status change to that same message on 10/20, 11/4, 11/5, 11/15, 11/16 and 11/17 and none of those people have reported receiving a decision. And of the 10 or so who have reported being admitted at least 3 said their status never changed from the “received your application” message.</p>

<p>the status changes seem to be based on admissions counselor.,</p>

<p>Our D’s status changed early this morning to accepted! We were expecting a decision early this morning since her SOAR status changed on Wednesday (same timing pattern as post #220). </p>

<p>We our finally done with this college application/waiting process!</p>

<p>Good luck to all those still waiting!</p>

<p>Congrats to you and your family…enjoy your weekend</p>

<p>Application Submitted on 9/3/10
Recommendation letters mailed on 9/9/10</p>

<p>Item Status Details List:
Application Fee Received 9/8/10
Official HS Transcript Received 9/11/10
ACT Test Scores Received 9/14/10</p>

<p>10/20/10 Status Message Changed to “your application is being reviewed …”
11/17/10 Soar Message Changed to “SOAR Program is not currently accepting reservations …”
11/19/10 Status Message Changed to “Congratulations! You have been admitted …”</p>

<p>So it took 66 days from the time the last item (ACT Test scores) was received to the decision date.</p>

<p>Wisconsin Resident
No family member or relative UW-Madison legacy
Admissions Counselor: Jenny Bottoni </p>

<p>I started this thread back on 10/8 and am amazed at the level of activity/discussion it has generated (nearly 22000 views & 300 replies). Hopefully others still going through UW-Madison’s Fall 2011 application process will continue to post and find the contents helpful.</p>

<p>Fishnschool.</p>

<p>Conrats fishinschool!!! We are still waiting in Bloomington, Minnesota. Anyone from Bloomington heard yet???</p>

<p>i got waitlisted :(</p>

<p>and everyone who’s status changes to being reviewed by a counselor… everyones says that and it’s when they get your application and look at it.</p>

<p>Congratulations fishinschool!! And thanks for starting this dialogue and providing all of your application information in your last post. Would you mind also sharing grades and test scores?
Thanks and Congrats again.</p>

<p>Anxious, what were your stats?? and who was your counselor? and what were your messages prior to being waitlisted?</p>

<p>Hang in there anxious2011…sooo many good applicants and many waitlisted get in but have to have that back-up school just un case. I know it must be really hard to be in limbo. I will send good vibes your way.</p>

<p>Congrats fish and thanks so much for the timeline! </p>

<p>I had been wondering about the fact that the Item Status Details doesn’t show LORs and thinking that maybe it was about time for a phone call to make sure they arrived. Now we’ll just hold tight and keep an eye on the SOAR message.</p>

<p>Entomom: It actually says on their website that their system can’t post LOR’s which is why they don’t show up.</p>