Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>I got it, my decision was posted about a week ago. I hope some more people are getting the green light as well, if anyone wants to know my stats or has any question about the student center screen let me know</p>

<p>Regarding being premed. Any nationally known school will do fine- eg public flagships. No matter where one attends college the best chances for medical school are in one’s home state, both for the public and private medical schools (private schools usually are getting some state funding and therefore take more instate students). If it is a matter of going into a lot of debt save your money for medical school and attend the instate flagship instead. I understand many wanting to attend a better public school than available in their home satate (or just wanting to leave) for a better education. However, most of the medical students will come from within a state and the caliber of the instate flagship will be the benchmark for quality of undergrad school. Being an OOS student at a state’s flagship U will not give a significant advantage to getting into their medical school over going to another school for undergrad and applying to that medical school.</p>

<p>The short version- going to a certain public school to have a better chance at that state’s medical school probably won’t work. Choose the best fit schools and then the grades will be their best and chances best. Most students change their mind about medical school- being at the best fit for academics and majors college therefore makes more sense than trying to play a medical school admissions game.</p>

<p>What was the first message that people got? is this the “review” message or does this mean that my app has npot even been looked at: </p>

<p>We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Check back here for updates on your application status.</p>

<p>Its been like this for a month now. is that normal?</p>

<p>That was my status for over a month, changed to “being reviewed by an admissions counselor” about 7 days ago.</p>

<p>my status was only on “your application is being reviewed…” for 2 or 3 days. i got in today, a day after my birthday. that was exciting news to hear!</p>

<p>got postponed this morning :frowning: my counselor was emily.
guess its better than the rejection which my friend received last week from UW.
Good luck everyone!</p>

<p>@wetnoodle when did your SOAR status change? I’m just wondering because my admissions counselor is Emily as well and my SOAR status changed today.</p>

<p>@wetnoodle</p>

<p>If you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats?</p>

<p>Has anyone with Gia Euler received an actual decision? My status changed to “being reviewed by a counselor” like a week ago but nothing else has changed (not even the SOAR message). One of my friends said that their status changed too, but absolutely no one has heard a decision yet.</p>

<p>I must have had a quick counselor (don’t even know where to check to see who mine was?) cause I had the being reviewed message for ~1 month and then got accepted. Got package in the mail today 5 days after message on site. This seems very different from many of you in terms of what it says on the site so I would guess it varies greatly based on whoever you have. Idk who I had but if anyone could link to where it says I’ll tell you.</p>

<p>D received the UW Housing contract in the mail today (respond by Feb 1st), but has not yet received the snail mail admission letter. She saw online admission (‘Congratulations!’) just after midnight on 11/25.</p>

<p>D got in…Knowing there would be a decision overnight, I restrained myself from checking and waited until my daughter woke up so we could check together…even helicopter parents have their limits</p>

<p>Congrats Spitfire!!!</p>

<p>Congratulations spitfire45!! AJDJER- Parents need support too!! :)</p>

<p>Congrats to spitfire’s D!</p>

<p>Now she needs a TEACH ME HOW TO BUCKY shirt!</p>

<p>[University</a> Book Store : Merchandise Detail](<a href=“http://www.uwbookstore.com/MerchDetail.aspx?MerchID=612213&num=0&start=&end=&type=2&searchtype=Description&txtSearch=teach%20me%20how%20to%20bucky]University”>http://www.uwbookstore.com/MerchDetail.aspx?MerchID=612213&num=0&start=&end=&type=2&searchtype=Description&txtSearch=teach%20me%20how%20to%20bucky)</p>

<p>[University</a> Book Store : Merchandise Detail](<a href=“http://www.uwbookstore.com/MerchDetail.aspx?MerchID=613372&num=0&start=&end=&type=2&searchtype=Description&txtSearch=teach%20me%20how%20to%20bucky]University”>http://www.uwbookstore.com/MerchDetail.aspx?MerchID=613372&num=0&start=&end=&type=2&searchtype=Description&txtSearch=teach%20me%20how%20to%20bucky)</p>

<p>Just got my acceptance online last night. I’m from California.</p>

<p>Seems like they’re moving quite quickly this year!</p>

<p>:D :smiley: :D</p>

<p>WOW, can’t believe the number of PM’s I received from parents offering a psychological analysis of ajdjar and why he/she would feel the need to post such negativity…nothing to be gained…it made the acceptance this morning that much sweeter to counteract the sour air left behind by ajdjar…CC is working well as a support for parents and students, obviously the support received from the other parents this morning is a testament to that purpose…:)</p>

<p>adjer’s defense: And as a Helicopter parent of BLACKHAWK proportions…I think that was funny and not negative. It made me smile!</p>

<p>That said, my CC bugaboo (though it’s not rampant on this thread) are Negative Nelly parent posters who have kids at the school (no one even applying this year) Saying things like “Well blah blah U is now very competitive and my child BARELY got in with a 3.88 UW and 2020 SAT’s so it doesn’t look good…” And mind you…these schools in question aren’t even close to the caliber of Wisconsin, no matter how much they want to convince themselves…</p>

<p>S accepted this morning - as he had all his eggs in this ONE basket, I’m thrilled and relieved! He doesn’t check the site, so he doesn’t know yet - we’ll have to wait for the letter to arrive to celebrate…
From Illinois
Application in 10/15 - transcripts received 11/2
ACT - 27
SAT - 1910
4 AP classes
Capt Speech Team
Capt Scholastic Bowl
Varsity lacrosse
NHS
German NHS
IL State Scholar
1 college course in Psychology
undeclared major</p>

<p>Thanks to everyone for your support and guidance - I wish you all glad news and happy outcomes.</p>