Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>hmmmmmm, </p>

<p>I think with it’s decidedly Midwestern big-spirit school vibe, I wonder how many cross applicants they have with Columbia, Chicago, or UNC? I’ll give you the Illinois reference. I think it has to do with a new boss and the fact they lost a few bodies during or right before, prime application season.</p>

<p>I have applied them all on this list. 12 school total. Mix of state schools and a couple of private schools. Already accepted at one flagship state school. Waiting for most. Good bad or may be will be OK with me now, as I know at least one school wants me…</p>

<p>youngamerican- I am the same case as you.</p>

<p>rentuk and youngamerican im in the same boat…who are your counselors?</p>

<p>madtownman-supposedly it is monica rangel, but my application status says I am not assigned an advisor.
I am from Texas.</p>

<p>I think what is so frustrating about Wisconsin is that there does not seem to be any pattern or logic or order of the admissions decisions, that are supposed to be rolling, and the communication is poor. It seems to have nothing to do with when you sent in your application, the alphabet,where you are from, who your counselor* is, etc. Students who applied at the deadline have already heard and those that applied in September have still not heard. The status messages appear to have no relevance at all and now it is clear the SOAR status also does not matter, making it impossible to assess when you may be receiving a decision. While they are guaranteeing a January 15th decision for those that applied EA, there is HUGE difference in hearing on Nov. 12 (when the first 400 decisions went out) and January 15th. In the big picture it is not a big deal, but for kids who can’t escape the college conversation it is torture. There is no place my daughter goes that someone doesn’t ask her what her college plans are. She is trying to distract herself, but it is nearly an impossible task. If she knew that she definitely would not know until January 15th she could put it out of her mind, but with the possibility of it being any day it is a very difficult. Having some idea of approximately when she would hear would make this much less stressful.<br>
*Having said all that and still looking for a glimmer of info, has anyone received a decision who has Adele Brumfield, the new director of Admissions, as their counselor?</p>

<p>Madtownman - Counselor is Alec.</p>

<p>Badgerlove, i hear what you’re saying. it’s the same for me. Everyone keeps asking me where I want to go to college and if i’ve gotten in. it’s really stressful. And, even though im pretty confident about getting in to Madison, it would be really embarrassing if i didn’t since everyone knows thats where i want to go. Its stressful.</p>

<p>thats interesting b/c mine is bobbiejean st arnauld…it seems that this is not a counselor issue…my grades Are borderline for UW, if you dont mind me asking, are your grades borderline as well?</p>

<p>My gpa is pretty borderline too but my act is fine.</p>

<p>I agree with everyone. I’m literally OCD, because i check the application status through out the day.I really wish they would hurry up and let us know, even if the decision is denied, I just want to know! (Hopefully it’s not denied though :D)</p>

<p>Q - My status just changed to being reviewed by counselor. Is that a step up from the generic “being reviewed message?” Sorry if it’s been asked before!</p>

<p>And good luck to everyone still waiting! (:</p>

<p>Remember- UW does NOT have “EA”- early action, it has rolling admissions. They began the January date notification for earlier applicants very recently, it is an effort to let people know sooner if they apply sooner, not the same as EA.</p>

<p>Son: Denied- as he should have been, All is right, he’s in 6 schools and so few ‘average’ CC people don’t bother to post negative results…You’re a great bunch, it’s one phenomenal school! Heads up to those receiving COLD-Ass SOAR message…move on!!! But I’m grateful NOT to have S deal with deferral- it would have muddied the waters…<br>
God Bless! Best to you all!!!</p>

<p>^ For many, its often easier to transfer in after completing 24 credits of >3.0 GPA work at any other university or CC.</p>

<p>I have some important news. About 7 people have been accepted from my school that I know of. One of them, accepted yesterday, had sent in all of her stuff after the first notification period deadline, or so I heard. I believe her transcript was sent on November 2. Knowing that, the process is even more random than we have thought.</p>

<p>Admitted; Illinois (suburban Chicago); Monica as counselor. Applied mid-Oct. Reasonably high GPA/ACT.</p>

<p>Badgerlove, I know it’s frustrating having to wait and having no idea when you’ll get the letter, but just remember that they get around 25,000 applications each year and only accept a little over half of them. That is a lot to get through. And it’s a state school, not private. So take it easy.
Also maybe the acceptance letters are rolling out so randomly because they pick the people who they KNOW they want and send them letters, and try to decide between the others later. I don’t think they’d just send them out alphabetically or something.
Just ideas.</p>

<p>perfekkt, where are you from?</p>

<p>admitted - 34 ACT, 4.2 GPA, average EC’s</p>

<p>friend admitted - 29 ACT, 4.2 GPA
friend admitted - 33 ACT, 4.0 GPA</p>

<p>I’m from Green Bay, WI</p>