Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>postponed :&lt;/p>

<p>And for those of you wondering my SOAR status is still on “questions”</p>

<p>SOAR message du jour:</p>

<p>Questions about your admission status should be directed to the Office of Admissions at <a href=“mailto:onwisconsin@admissions.wisc.edu”>onwisconsin@admissions.wisc.edu</a> or 608–262–3961. Check back here for information about the SOAR Program after you have received notification of admission.</p>

<p>This is a school that definitely does not have its act in gear.</p>

<p>did you find out about acceptance through the SOAR message?</p>

<p>^
no I found out by clicking Student Center</p>

<p>e5volcano: that’s the same SOAR status that everybody has after they’re accepted! I’ve been accepted for about a week and it’s still the same. I’m pretty sure it’s just saying that you can’t register for classes because of our “admit term” which make sense.</p>

<p>^alright then!</p>

<p>Also to anyone who got in, did you get an email? I didn’t get an email saying congrats or something</p>

<p>Postponed…30 ACT, 3.82 UW GPA, instate…</p>

<p>TEACHMEHOW2BUCKY: - Look for my posts regarding link to postponement FAQs and on calling or visiting your admission counselor personally to plead your case (not your parent). Note that admissions is moving from the Red Gym to the USquare building some time in January.</p>

<p>@e5volcano
I did not receive an email.</p>

<p>@TeachMeHow2Bucky
Wow, I am surprised you did not get accepted. You will get in after semester. Good luck.</p>

<p>All these questions and attempted tea leaf reading using SOAR is just wasted effort and nutty. SOAR was never set-up to be some sort of secret admissions indicator. You can’t even register for SOAR until you send in the deposit after admission. Just wait for the admissions action and relax. It will come.</p>

<p>I think it probably IS a form of relaxing, barrons, like cyber Komboloi. Click the mouse to get to the (memorized) site; click again to get to check acceptance, click/type ID; click/type password; click submit = a few more minutes of anxiety and stress dealt with.</p>

<p>I think it amounts to the fact that this is a very anxious time for everyone and there is some comfort in knowing that the admissions office IS moving forward and we do like to hear that students are being accepted. I had been under the impression that we would know on the 15th, so now any tidbit of info that may shed a little light on the process is gobbled up.</p>

<p>anyone receive a decision with the message: Questions about your admission status should be directed to the Office of Admissions at <a href=“mailto:onwisconsin@admissions.wisc.edu”>onwisconsin@admissions.wisc.edu</a> or 608–262–3961. Check back here for information about the SOAR Program after you have received notification of admission??</p>

<p>If so, what was the decision?</p>

<p>Madison 85 - Call the counselor directly or just the number they tell you to call with questions under the SOAR registration? And kasb…I got postponed with that message, hopefully you get better news though!</p>

<p>kasb25,
i think that is the standard, they haven’t made a decision yet message.</p>

<p>my SOAR status just changed to
“The SOAR Program is not currently accepting reservations for your admit term.” which hopefully means that i will hear within the next 48ish hours!!!</p>

<p>loison-I have noproblem with that version, but it chaps my butt when someone says “they don’t have their act together” because they are looking for something out of the system it never was designed to or intended to provide and any use in that regard may led to misleading conclusions and needless worries. SOAR is not Admissions. They are linked but very different units. SOAR takes over when you are admitted AND pay a deposit. That is the system.</p>

<p>e5volcano, what are your grades like? im wondering because I applied OOS to Wisc engineering. do you think I will get in? 2110sat, ~3.6 UW gpa 2 AP’s so far (chem 5, enviromental science 5) and LOTS AND LOTS OF EC (music, work in lab, leadeship, etc)</p>

<p>I feel like every person I’ve heard of getting in, including on these forums… has AT LEAST a 30 ACT and at least a 3.8 gpa, if not higher, with loads of APs. Has anyone with lower scores gotten in? Come on, get my hopes up again! My feelings about this change every day!</p>

<p>I have two friends who got in. One with a 29 and a 3.98 (NO EC’S) and one with a 29 and 4.00 (AMAZING EC’S).</p>

<p>cclucky14: if it makes you feel better, I got only a 24 on my ACT, but my overall GPA is 3.957, currently a 4.0. I’ve taken two AP classes and both are this year. I just finished a college writing course and have some pretty good extra curriculars. I’m just not a good test taker. But, my SOAR status changed to:
The SOAR Program is not currently accepting reservations for your admit term. More information about the SOAR Program and the reservation process can be found at [Center</a> for the First-Year Experience](<a href=“http://www.newstudent.wisc.edu%5DCenter”>http://www.newstudent.wisc.edu). If you believe you have received this message in error, please call SOAR Information at 608-262-4707 or e-mail your questions to <a href=“mailto:soar@studentlife.wisc.edu”>soar@studentlife.wisc.edu</a>.
Which I’ve heard is either an acceptance or an postponed admission.</p>

<p>24=acceptance, but I had a pretty hardcore college essay (atleast that’s what my teacher said, ha). I’m sure you’ll be fine! =]</p>