Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>Yes - a surprise for when she gets in. The first kid got a red UW Memorial Union Terrace Chair…[Wisconsin</a> Union terrace Store](<a href=“http://www.union.wisc.edu/terracestore/itemVariations.aspx?id=67&cat=Furniture]Wisconsin”>http://www.union.wisc.edu/terracestore/itemVariations.aspx?id=67&cat=Furniture) I will get her one too but she hasn’t decided between white or red.</p>

<p>Has anyone heard today as of yet?</p>

<p>I wish they had the chairs in more colors as on the Terrace. I like multiple colors. It was great to be back on the Terrace yesterday as the weather warmed nicely. Too bad the chairs were already in storage.<br>
I got to try a couple new restaurants-- one very good–“Kitchen” and the other “Graze” not so good.</p>

<p>did anyone else’s MyUW thing that said “your application is still being reviewed…blah blah blah…SOAR registration is only available for admitted students” change to “SOAR registration is not yet available” today? does it mean anything? my counselor said that decisions will start being released today (so updated at 2 a.m.)</p>

<p>just noticed that my son’s did as well. Can click around in there and see all about 2011 orientation programs. his message still hasn’t changed to a counselor is reviewing your file, but we called there 2 weeks ago and knew that they had everything and the application was complete. The office said mot to worry about what it said in that status section.</p>

<p>Mine changed today to: “The SOAR program is not currently accepting reservations for SOAR. Information about SOAR can be found here…” Something is happening. I hope it’s good!</p>

<p>we hope its good too! we really think that it wouldnt change to that unless they had made decisions…the student center doesnt update until 2 a.m., but MyUW updates more often according to my sister who goes to madison. so maybe it will change to good news tonight!</p>

<p>I noticed that on my D’s page that the SOAR message change to. I decided to click the link that they provided and it sent me to a page that said this:
(I wonder if this means that she got in and they just haven’t posted the acceptance yet??)</p>

<p>Welcome!
Congratulations on your decision to join the University of Wisconsin–Madison community. Your first step to becoming a UW–Madison student is attending Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR).</p>

<p>SOAR gives you a closer look at what life is like for a UW–Madison student. As you visit campus and discover the exciting resources waiting for you, you’ll feel like you’re already a part of a great campus and a city that is routinely considered one of the most livable in the country.</p>

<p>The SOAR program serves many different types of incoming students and their families. Use the links below to review the most appropriate information for you.</p>

<p>Is anybody else getting the message that the system is updating? I can see the SOAR update that you guys are talking about, but it won’t allow me to see my application status.</p>

<p>Nevermind, it’s working now.</p>

<p>Do you know if the kids get both an on-line acceptance and a letter?</p>

<p>daughter’s SOAR message is similar to everyone else’s with “congratulations on your decision etc”, but her status still says they are reviewing to make sure she has all the required materials, not even that it is being reviewed by an admissions counselor…keeping fingers crossed for 2am tonight</p>

<p>Hopefully not a computer glitch but when I dig deeper into SOAR, I get to a page that says congratulations on your admission to Wisconsin. I don’t dare tell my D for fear that this isn’t real…LOL</p>

<p>So exciting but would really love to see the words “You Are Accepted”</p>

<p>This is my favorite part of CC…trying to figure out all the clandestine “meanings” n such. AS i posted before, a week before my daughter’s online acceptance we started getting emails and mailings from the private off-campus housing in Madison. Buuuut, that said, Wisconsin is a “Hail Mary” reach for my Son AND his medicore SAT’s were sent Nov 1st…so the fact that I’m getting the same message on his SOAR page isn’t good news. AT best, I would assume his only shot at UW would be a defferal and wait list spot! Will report back, even id news is bad! ANyone NOT getting it?</p>

<p>Nope, i applied on the 21st and have the “your application is currently under review” status and i am getting the soar status congratulating me. Hopefull, will find out about admission status through student center tonight</p>

<p>Are you anticipating a response this quickly? I applied in early/mid-October and thought the 7-8 week timeline applied (not that I haven’t been checking hourly).</p>

<p>penn state “accidentally” released 700 admittance messages and decided that they were going to honor them even though it was a computer glitch to release them that early…i believe most of the 700 would have been admitted anyway…but would be great if all of us who are getting the SOAR message actually have children who will be receiving admission offers from Wisconsin in the next couple of days…post from imanincollegehelp is the only negative red flag, but at least that mom posted that to keep us all grounded</p>

<p>Ah bummer…wind out of sails now :(</p>

<p>I sure hope it isn’t a computer glitch!</p>

<p>didn’t mean to be a downer…and stranger things HAVE happened (It was a tight application) That said, since he DIDN’t make the “Sweet 700” faux pas at Penn State (his decision THERE is pending) I DID print out the Soar info page…just in case…maybe you all should do the same?</p>

<p>Sorry to crush everyones hopes, but this “SOAR message” does not mean anything. That website has always been the same, it just wasnt always linked from your student center account until now. I looked at the SOAR page a month ago to see if they released the dates for this year yet, and the site said “Congratulations on your decision to join the University of Wisconsin–Madison community” even back then. Anyone can click on that website, not just UW applicants- Even when you’re not logged in… [Student</a> Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR)](<a href=“http://www.newstudent.wisc.edu/soar/]Student”>SOAR changes get green light – Center for the First-Year Experience – UW–Madison)</p>