Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>UW should have anticipated this. Accepting only Ivy league material comes with an obvious price: ACCEPTED STUDENTS ACTUALLY CHOOSING IVY LEAGUE SCHOOLS OVER YOU :)</p>

<p>I think our (postponed applicants) situation is not that bad. We will hear soon and I am sure UW accepting only highly qualified applicants will have a positive effect on our decision as the accepted ones will most likely choose the other schools, leaving UW with empty seats.</p>

<p>JUSTWAITING1 I think you are right. I know at least 20 people who were accepted to Madison and have no intention of going. It was their safe school. Several are holding off until they hear April 1st decisons from Duke, Vanderbilt, USC etc. Ten more days and counting down for us postponed!!!</p>

<p>we can do it! :slight_smile: last year postponed were finding out as early as March 4 so it could possibly be earlier than the 15th!</p>

<p>After multiple calls to UW, I was assured by numerous people from the admissions office that I will hear until March 15th.</p>

<p>Most of my friends who were accepted to Duke Columbia Harvard and Yale… applied early decision. We had at least 100 accepted to those schools and at least 5 to MIT and 50 total ivies out of a class of about 500. On the east coast there are public schools like William and Mary and UV. The ones that apply to the Mid-West mostly apply to Michigan. I am a notch below the top students in my school and am more likely to attend UW.</p>

<p>Same here. UW was a safety school for at least 10-15 students at my school as well. They are waiting to hear from their first choice East Coast schools. They have no intention of going to UW but their parents made them apply as a back up.</p>

<p>OMGMIT were you told potponed will NOT hear until March 15th?</p>

<p>I am not expecting to hear back until March 15th either. I heard some people from last year didn’t even hear back until the 18th or so, due to the delay in the mail. As everyone else is I am becoming very anxious. :/</p>

<p>I truly can NOT believe that we will hear in the next 10 days. I’ve waited so long and I’m actually getting to the point where I’m scared. I can’t even begin to comprehend if I don’t get in. Praying every day!</p>

<p>mnbadger, I know how you feel. everyone in my family has gone to madison and I feel so much pressure to get in…</p>

<p>Sirconman: are you 2nd notification period or postponed? I know! I just want to be able to be relaxed and know!!!</p>

<p>I am postponed as of early january.</p>

<p>@judyjim
I was told that postponed applicants will definately hear until March 15th.</p>

<p>I am international applicant for fall 2011.</p>

<p>My application status has been showing “Your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors. Check back here for updates on your application status”.</p>

<p>So far I have not heard of any news from school other than above staus since 23 December 2010 when all application doceuments were received by scheool.</p>

<p>Anyone having similar case to me? Any advice?</p>

<p>I’ve had the “your application is being reviewed by a counselor” status since around early January. </p>

<p>Everyone is about in the same boat as you are fine, I’m sure.</p>

<p>We have eightish days left or less!!!</p>

<p>I received an acceptance mail 2 days ago. </p>

<p>Out of state student
Asian male
GPA (UW, W): 3.6, 3.83 <---- huge upwards trend
SAT: 2300 (750 CR, 800 M, 750 W)
APs: tons of AP tests: six 5’s, three 4’s, one 3
Mediocre extracurriculars</p>

<p>Just found out at the Student Center that my d was accepted. We are thrilled. She is a dual citizen living in Scandinavia and attending the local schools. Her SATs were all high 500s, so we considered Wisconsin a reach school but she really worked on the essays and had good recommendations.</p>

<p>@stockholm
Were your daughter previously deferred?</p>

<p>No she applied in December with the transcripts getting to Madison early in January.</p>

<p>Thank you for your reply and congratulations on your daughter’s admission.</p>