Fall 2012 Decisions

<p>Does anyone know if Wisconsin has any formal “accepted student days” where students who have gotten in, without accepting their acceptance offer yet, can visit?</p>

<p>@asus22
I also received the Viewbook in the mail today, have you heard??</p>

<p>Boy…not much happening out there so far this week.</p>

<p>mtpyankee -
Yes there are accepted student days, I went to one of the sessions last year. If I remember correctly information was sent out early spring. You go and Adele Brumfield welcomes everyone, there’s a student panel then a staff panel that includes information on safety, housing, etc, and then there’s lunch at one of the dining halls and then there are tours - you have the option of going on a campus wide tour or something more specific such a tour of one of the learning communities.</p>

<p>updates: a few people got accepted from Hewlett high school in long island, ny today so there is hope!!! we will get through the stress and anxiety together!!!</p>

<p>Thanks ebenson! all I could find information on was SOAR, for students who already accepted their admission. Its nice to know that I will be able to visit once more before accepting.</p>

<p>@RakesGirls do you mind posting your stats? Still waiting submitted 10/26 OOS… 3.89 UW 4.4 W, 1890 SAT, lots of EC’s and AP classes</p>

<p>@RakesGirls, if you do post your stats here, could you also post them in the “Admissions decisions as of now” thread?</p>

<p>@Makenahunter, if you here back could you also post in the above thread. we have similar stats and i would like to see what your decision is.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Accepted (letters and science)! Applied October 30th and hear yesterday. I’m in state, 34 act, 4.00 uw.</p>

<p>congrats!!! who was your admissions counselor?</p>

<p>Thank you! I looked up the counselor, her name is Jenny Bottoni. </p>

<p>If it assuages anyone’s fears (albeit I’m in Wisconsin, so in-staters fears) my friend had a 27 act, good grades and solid essays and she was accepted a while ago. I believe she applied in early October. Another peer got a 32 on the act and hasn’t heard back yet even though people who applied after him know. I don’t know if this helps but if it does, great!</p>

<p>For people who have already been accepted: did you receive a Wisconsin “Viewbook” in the mail a little before you actually got accepted? I was just wondering if this is a signal or something…</p>

<p>it’s not. people who didn’t apply also got the viewbook.</p>

<p>I applied on October 12 as an in-state resident
I have taken all available AP classes at my small high school and my grades have been all A’s with a few A-'s.
I got a 23 on my first ACT and showed improvement to a 26 on my second ACT score.</p>

<p>I know these appear low to Madison, but I’m still hopeful because I wrote a good essay and got good recommendations and many EC’s.
Any hope?..
No word yet and my counselor is David O’Connor.</p>

<p>I think it depends on how your HS is rated and your GPA. Your ACT’s put you in the bottom 25%, you will need to be in the top 25% on the other’s. How do you compare in navience to others accepted in your HS?? Good luck</p>

<p>hey, does anyone know the deal with the business school? are you directly admitted or how does it work? I am from the east coast so i am not too familiar with UW madison</p>

<p>If Im not mistaken, everyone at the UW Madison is accepted into the main school their first year and after that is when you go into your specific major, like Business, law, engineering.</p>

<p>I believe there are a handful of top students who are invited directly into the business school as freshmen. Everyone else needs to apply to get in as a sophomore. Here’s the link to the admissions page of the business school: [url=&lt;a href=“http://bus.wisc.edu/bba/admissions]Admissions[/url”&gt;http://bus.wisc.edu/bba/admissions]Admissions[/url</a>]</p>

<p>Wow, parent of OOS senior here. We knew Madison was a stretch for him, but some of these statistics are terrifying. Congrats to the folks who are in or postponed, at this point, just hoping for a postponement rather than rejection.</p>

<p>Also, a bit surprised by how quickly his application is being processed – he only decided to add as a reach a week ago and submitted his application, ordered test scores and transcript – which were delivered within 2 days. Teacher recs have gone in. Now, he has notice that his application is being reviewed and if they need additional items they will contact.</p>

<p>@Midwestmom
That’s the message everybody gets once everything has been received in Admissions. I have friends who have had the status since late September.
Good luck!</p>