Fall 2012 Decisions

<p>Accepted!!
In state, 26 ACT 3.8 uw GPA. So excited =)</p>

<p>I was accepted aswell!!
from Minnesota, 28 ACT, 3.92 unwieghted G.P.A, top 10% of my class.</p>

<p>I am absolutely pumped about being accepted. For everyone waiting, I hope you all the best when decision time comes. If this really is your number one school then I would recomend letting your counselor know that. A huge factor for them is knowing that you really want to be there. dont be shy, write to them expressing how much you want to go to madison and I think you all will be fine.</p>

<p>Best of luck!
-Woody</p>

<p>Did anyone who applied on or around Nov 1st get a decision yet? I’m not sure when I should be expecting a decision although I doubt I will be accepted…</p>

<p>I too am getting anxious about Wisconsin. I got everything around the November 1st deadline, and I feel like a decision should be coming around any day now right?</p>

<p>my date is 10/10 with no decision yet-so basically postponed while they look over everyone else</p>

<p>I applied to Madison on the 26th of November, so I assume that I am put on hold as well. These are my stats: 29 ACT, 3.52 weighted gpa(Junior Year I had a 4.02 gpa), alot of extracurriculars both in/out of school, and great essays.</p>

<p>So nice to read some of these posts… Takes me back to 4 years ago. Good luck to everyone, don’t get too absorbed with partying on campus, take challenging classes but don’t overload yourself. Good luck!</p>

<p>You’re not gonna hear for a while if you applied after nov 1, not all of the early action people heard yet so you have some time, dont worry about it</p>

<p>I applied nov 1st and got accepted a last week… And that’s b/c they misplaced my act and I didn’t call them to ask about it until thanksgiving… Another of my friends also nov 1st got accepted 3 weeks ago</p>

<p>Luvxmas:
Who is your admissions counselor?</p>

<p>Monical rangel</p>

<p>I meant to say that I applied on the 26th of October, so I’m a bit worried that I have not received any type of status, other than the committee is reviewing my credentials. Does this mean I’ve been put on hold, and that I am likely to get accepted? Please tell me guys.</p>

<p>Acccceepppptteeedddd from MA =) omg I’m still tingly this is awesome</p>

<p>30 act, 4.2 weighted, lots of ecs. </p>

<p>Ahhh this is so sick</p>

<p>catspajamas, did you just find out by email?</p>

<p>elevit2, If it says that the committee is reviewing your credentials then that is what they are doing. Once they have made a decision whether it is accepted/denied/postponed, they will send you an email saying that they have made a decisions and that you can check your “My UW” page to see what the decision is. They also send the decision in the mail, but if you want to know right away just look at your “My UW” student center page. not hearing back yet doesnt mean anything in the admissions decisions. They counselors look at thousands of apps and they might not have gotten around to yours yet. keep waiting and you should find out soon.</p>

<p>Best of luck!
-Woody</p>

<p>Does anyone see the pattern of the recent acceptances?? High GPA and medium SAT/ACT scores. GPA and rank are probably the ones being accepted now.</p>

<p>heyy guys, so exciting news. as you know this rakesgirls account is erica (who writes in this the most) and hannah and hannah got accepted ed to the bandier program at syracuse!!! so clap it upppp!</p>

<p>in regards to wisconsin: someone from northern nj with a 34 ACT and very smart applied early action to wisco as his safety and didnt hear yet but would obviously get accepted…anyway, he got accepted early decision to vanderbilt a few days ago and withdrew his wisco application!! so, less competition for us woooo</p>

<p>My D just heard back yesterday (Accepted) after submitting mid Oct. As you can see high GPA and rank w/lower test scores as others posted. Possibly rigor of classes is a factor as well.</p>

<p>(my D’s stats)</p>

<p>Decision: Accepted - </p>

<p>Stats:
•SAT (Breakdown + Combined): 580CR, 660M, 620 W (1860)
•SAT IIs (if any): 680 Chem, 640 USH
•Unweighted GPA: 3.89
•Weighted GPA: ~4.35
•Rank (if applicable): 20/650
•Other stats: 27on ACT</p>

<p>Subjective:
•Essays: Very good - creavite writing, Detailed programs of interest at Wisconsin
•ECs: Really involved with xcountry and track (captain for both), Invisible Children leadership stuff and lots of community service with Girls Inc.
•Teacher Recs: Really good, I think
•Counselor Rec: Not sure
•Hook (if any): Possibly American Indian (w/card)</p>

<p>Location/Person:
•State or Country: California
•School Type: Public
•Ethnicity: White

<p>Other Factors: Lots of AP/Honors classes including a strong senior year load of 5 AP/IB and one Honors class
General Comments: Also accepted to U. of Michigan, waiting for UC results</p>

<p>ACCEPTED! I got the e-mail at 8:07 last night. Submitted everything on 10/31.</p>

<p>ACT: 33</p>

<p>GPA: 3.6 unweighted academic; 3.69 total unweighted (includes 4 art courses, health, honors accounting); 3.87 weighted</p>

<p>ECs: average at best (2 sports/yr, a couple clubs, NHS, @100 volunteer hours)</p>

<p>Rigor: 5 APs; the rest a mixture of honors, accelerated and college prep at a competitive suburban public</p>

<p>Essays: average</p>

<p>Recommendations: didn’t see them; assume they’re good</p>

<p>I was expecting to be postponed because of my GPA, so I was excited to be admitted, and I’m really glad the wait is over. Wisconsin was the last school I heard from. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.</p>

<p>@Katho what state are you from / who is your admission counselor? Congrats!!</p>