Fall 2012 Decisions

<p>So, just curious, how much do the grades I just received improve my chance of getting into Madison (i was postponed). I previously had a 3.25 unweighted and now its around 3.3 (weighted gpa went from 3.4 to 3.5) after my first semester grades. the grades were:</p>

<p>AP Chem: B
AP Economics: A-
AP Physics: A-
AP Statistics: A-
Sociology: A
Film Lit.: A</p>

<p>Unweighted GPA for semester: 3.666
Weighted GPA: 4.333
also my act was a 29 and I’m in-state</p>

<p>And also, what else can i do to improve my chances?</p>

<p>@Collegeman,
Copied from another post I read, I think #562</p>

<p>Your son should submit his first semester grades, get 1 or 2 more letters of recommendation, send an e-mail or letter to the UW-Madison Admissions person assigned to his high school indicating a sincere interest in attending, and be specific about “why”.</p>

<p>computerDad, He loves loves Madison and had a great first quarrter. He joined a fraternity and is involved with a program called Humos. He has made friends with students from all over the world and has found his courses to be interesting and stimulating.</p>

<p>Your grades should not hurt for sure. How much they will help is really relative to how all the others did 1st semester. I’d guess moderate help. But just a guess.</p>

<p>After being postponed what do you think my chances are to be admitted?</p>

<p>Semester grades:
AP Calculus:A
AP Physics:A
Psychology:A-
US Government:A
AP English 12:A
Advanced Anatomy:A</p>

<p>I also submitted 2 more letters of recommendation and wrote a letter to my admissions counselor stating my desire to attend and also volunteer projects and services that I have done since submitting my initial application.</p>

<p>Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thank you!</p>

<p>AbbieW93- Excellent! I would also call your counselor to follow-up and make sure he/she received your letter.</p>

<p>Accepted last night!</p>

<p>I applied about a month and a half ago, and my status changed to: </p>

<p>“Your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors. During the review we may request additional materials. You will be notified by email when a decision is made so that you can check back here for updates on your application status.” </p>

<p>I already submitted my mid-year grades. When do you think a decision will be sent to me?</p>

<p>With rolling admissions, there is no specific decision timeframe, other than if you applied before Nov. 1st, you’re guaranteed a response by Feb. 1st, and if you apply after Nov. 1st, you’ll hear by March 15th. Your actual decision could come at any time.</p>

<p>Lot’s of examples of people waiting several months for a decision. If you look back thru the history on this thread, it’s very hard to predict.</p>

<p>It took 3 weeks from when i submitted all of my materials to receive a decision.<br>
I applied early January and got accepted late january</p>

<p>So would you guys predict there is going to be a good chunk of decisions coming out past this Feb. 1st deadline?</p>

<p>Heck yes…</p>

<p>If postponed but being “further considered for admissions through the Center for Academic Excellence”, are chances any better of getting accepted?
Stats:
OOS, 4.25 weighted GPA, 3.7 unweighted, 25 ACT, top 11% in clas of 500+, Nat’l Honor Society, good ECs, good recommendation letters, and just submitted mid-year grades (final semester grades) all As (all honors and 1 AP class).</p>

<p>anyone from new york?</p>

<p>D was accepted tonight, about an hour after she submitted her first semester grades. Stats:
In-state, GPA 3.9 unweighted, ACT 28, all AP or honors courses throughout high school. Usual list of academic, athletic and community service ECs with leadership. Submitted application first week of December.</p>

<p>We have been recieving the housing information.</p>

<p>Haven’t noticed them advertise the newest dorm, Lakeshore Residence Hall.</p>

<p>Just looked it up…it looks amazing!! Just a little FYI for you guys who need to make a dorm selection yet…</p>

<p>Applied 2/1, accepted today 2/15.</p>

<p>Out of state, GPA 3.8 ACT 30</p>

<p>that’s really fast!!</p>

<p>Accepted an hour ago and made an account just now (since I’ve been lurking this forum for quite a bit, biting my nails like nobody’s business. The anxiety was killing me.). 3.7 GPA, 3.0 Unweighted (rank 420 out of apprx 1300 students),all ‘bad’ grades are due to the fact that I had to do a lot of travelling due to family deaths, illnesses, and whatnot in the last two years, as well as struggling with depression during my freshman year. My grades improved as I went on, though. 2190 SAT, 12 on the essay (in one session), full IB diploma candidate. Long list of ECs, academic awards, jobs, etc, female minority, etc. Applied January 18th.</p>

<p>Son admitted today – </p>

<p>OOS, 3.45 unweighted – school does not weight, but if it did, would be about 4.1 – all AP/IB, slow start in high school but rising trend for last two years, with 3.67 last two semesters.</p>

<p>29 ACT (30 if UW superscored, which it doesn’t); lopsided student – higest scores were 35 Reading, 31 English, 30 Science and 25 Math. </p>

<p>One Varsity sport, debate awards and writing awards.</p>

<p>Very very very excited 18 year old at our house today. Presidents’ Day just may become his favorite holiday ever.</p>