Fall 2012 Decisions

<p>Accepted!!</p>

<p>Congratulations and Merry Christmas! :]</p>

<p>Sent from my MB860 using CC App</p>

<p>I found out today that I have been deferred. I had the link about deferral on MYTCU page that someone else had mentioned. Does anyone know the percentage of people who are deferred that get accepted? Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted. I hope that I will be able to join you at TCU this coming fall. Merry Christmas everyone!</p>

<p>I was also deferred from TCU. It was my first choice and I am really devasted about it. I don’t know why. I have a 3.0 unweighted, and a 23 ACT score. I thought my chances were pretty good but I guess not.</p>

<p>I am sorry to hear about your deferral; I know that is disappointing. In my child’s letter, it states this was the most academically challenging class that applied. Many of the students that applied from my child’s class were at the top of the class, with ACT scores in the 30’s and SAT scores in the 700s, and most plan on attending TCU. TCU is trying to court these top students. I know this is small consolation for you. I hope it works out for you in the end.</p>

<p>Daughter accepted yesterday…so happy as TCU is her first and only choice! Good luck to all those still waiting to hear. Where ever you go to school, it will be wonderful and a great fit for you…trust:)</p>

<p>I was also deferred. (3.25 uw and 28 ACT). Would other deferred students please post their stats. Was anyone accepted with similar stats? The only accepted students posting stats are all very high, is that the norm? Anyone know what percent of the acceptances for the year were given in the first round? Please speak up, if you were declined, please post stats also.</p>

<p>Hi habc12. Sorry for the deferral. I was accepted and had a 3.24 uw and a 28 ACT so I am sure there is still hope.</p>

<p>My d was accepted and her letter appeared to be very personal to her accomplishments. The dean states her commitment to community service as being impressive. Did all the letters say that or are they, in fact, that personal?? I was very impressed…and curoius!</p>

<p>The letter was fairly personal. My D’s mentioned her impressive essay and commitment to her school’s student government association. It was a nice touch. :)</p>

<p>Thanks for the answer AZ, Are you private or public school? Any other hooks? Just wondering what the difference was between us.
Thanks again for answering.</p>

<p>Accepted on Dec. 17th!</p>

<p>habc12 - my D was accepted with a 3.16 gpa (she had a C in freshman year and A and B’s the rest of her career - very competitive private school - mostly honors/AP classes) and a 24 on the ACT - she never does well on standardized tests. She had incredible essay, great hooks and teacher/counselor recs. Can’t figure out the reasons why some are deferred - she was deferred from her top choice school while others with lower stats were let in…good luck!</p>

<p>I was deferred for last year’s class, then accepted sometime in march 2011. I wrote a letter to my Houston area counselor and she contacted me for an interview later in december 2010. Don’t give up! :)</p>

<p>edit: I forgot to add that I had to send in my first semester senior year grades, which weren’t available until after december. I sent them with the letter.</p>

<p>c1234c: I thought it might have been generic, but mine stated how TCU was impressed with my commitment to the performing arts.</p>

<p>I got accepted into TCU- very nice letter etc… I’m fron London btw</p>

<p>Don’t worry anyone who didn’t get in- there are great schools out there.</p>

<p>P.S- one more space available as I’m not going to TCU- withdrew my app</p>

<p>anyone hear for getting into nursing?</p>

<p>I applied for nursing but I was deferred.</p>

<p>@liz2012 same here! letter said…please submit sem grades. I know they only have spots for 80-100 nurses in the frosh, direct admit program so I’m hoping sem grades help. Thanks for ur reply.</p>

<p>Appreciate everyone’s input. Seems confusing to see some applicants receiving acceptance and scholarship awards while others have been accepted and no award advice yet received. My daughter is in the latter bucket. Does anyone know how the timing of this could be expected to play out? There must be logic to when the school sends out scholarship award notices. And are the amounts of each leevl of scholarship known in advance with some sort of GPA/ACT combination? For example, Baylor outs it out there for the world to see going in.</p>