Fall 2012 Decisions

<p>I was deferred with a 3.2 GPA and a 33 on the ACT. I was quite surprised, because I was accepted into SMU and Trinity and got hefty scholarships from both schools.</p>

<p>Torres9 - what amount of scholarship $$ were you offered by SMU and Trinity?</p>

<p>Has anyone received Honors invitations yet?</p>

<p>3.65gpa 29act. TCU scholarship</p>

<p>Readyforcollege - do you mean you were accepted into the honors college with those stats?</p>

<p>I don’t know how to reply to quotes on this board. My son won’t be applying until the summer but TCU and Baylor are very different. From what I understood from the talk on campus, they get all of the applications and then decide who gets what. They don’t have what it takes on the website because it varies from year to year as it depends on the strength of that year’s applicants. (I believe that is nearly a direct quote from what the lady giving the talk said.) My guess is that the top kids are getting the letters now. If you haven’t heard, then they are waiting to see how many of those accept before giving out any more money. That is my guess. They only have a certain amount of those merit scholarships. </p>

<p>" Appreciate everyone’s input. Seems confusing to see some applicants receiving acceptance and scholarship awards while others have been accepted and no award advice yet received. My daughter is in the latter bucket. Does anyone know how the timing of this could be expected to play out? There must be logic to when the school sends out scholarship award notices. And are the amounts of each leevl of scholarship known in advance with some sort of GPA/ACT combination? For example, Baylor outs it out there for the world to see going in."</p>

<p>No I haven’t received anything about honors college. So far only received the TCU scholarship</p>

<p>Thanks Readyforcollege. Again, congrats!</p>

<p>Does anyone know what date TCU posts February decisions?</p>

<p>I applied early action II and I recieved my decision last thursday, accepted!</p>

<p>I did not apply early decision, and I regret it. TCU apparently accepts close to 85% of there students during early decision. That’s ALOT.</p>

<p>First off here are my stats, briefly…</p>

<p>Native American student, 32 act (perfects in english and reading), 2040 SAT (710 reading, 690 writing, 640 math), and 3.54 GPA. I have taken 7 AP courses and am an AP scholar with honor, and hopefully will be with distinction after summer.</p>

<p>I applied regular, and just got back my decision. I was WAIT LISTED…for the comm school. Yup. Keep in my mind my stats would put me in line for scholarship consideration. I know others got accepted with considerably lower stats than I. So if you got deferred don’t be discouraged!</p>

<p>Bubbly…what are your stats? I’m 27 ACT and 3.9 gpa and haven’t heard anything for ED II…</p>

<p>31 ACT and 4.3 weighted GPA. But I had a really good recomendation letter from my minister who went to TCU for undergrad and seminary so that might be why I heard from them so soon.</p>

<p>Has anyone received an Honors invitatation yet?</p>

<p>has anyone been put on the wait list and or does anyone know how many students were placed on the wait list? tcu is my dream school and i got wait listed and am freaking out</p>

<p>Anybody going to Admitted Students Day this Friday? Heard 200+ folks registered before the closed it.</p>

<p>I’m sorry you were deferred. Did you also have the note…“a decision has been mailed to your home address”…on your MyTCU page?</p>

<p>I’m sorry you were deferred. Did you have the “a decision has been mailed to you” statement… or just the link to saying you were deferred.</p>

<p>does tcu notify by my.tcu or postal mail?</p>

<p>I believe both. Apparently around 3 days after your status changes to “your admission decision has been mailed”…the my.tcu portal changes…as well.</p>