Presidential Scholorship News?

<p>Has anyone received notification yet? When we spoke with Dr. Morgan a few weeks ago, she seemed surprised that we had not yet received news.</p>

<p>You might want to email <a href=“mailto:scholarships@ua.edu”>scholarships@ua.edu</a> and ask. Include your name and CWID.</p>

<p>Don’t worry…you’ll get what you should get!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>My son got a letter yesterday (form-signed by Dr. Witt) confirming that as a NMSF he qualifies for the presidential scholarship, and for a full ride should he be named a NMF. We just need to get the application in by Dec 1.</p>

<p>We received an invitation to apply for University Fellows in the mail, but nothing yet from Scholarships.</p>

<p>I got a letter recently about the Presidential Scholarship for NMF.</p>

<p>Congratulations Tommy! Are you Bama bound?</p>

<p>Thanks! It’s my top choice right now… we’ll see what happens, but everything I’ve heard about it has been great. I’m hoping to visit soon.</p>

<p>My D hasn’t received any scholarship notifications yet – she has stats for Presidential, so just waiting.</p>

<p>I think one reason for the delay is that the Director of Scholarships was promoted and her replacement has not yet been named. </p>

<p>However, I would still email scholarships and ask…include CWID </p>

<p><a href=“mailto:scholarships@ua.edu”>scholarships@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>But, I would not worry…the awards will be there. This is like when those who applied in early July had to wait to get their admissions.</p>

<p>What is the usual turnaround time for scholarship notification? D applied almost a month ago and still no word.</p>

<p>I don’t think there is a set turn-around. When my son applied in August, he got his notification in November. However, some get theirs within a few weeks.</p>

<p>Those who are concerned should send an email to <a href=“mailto:scholarships@ua.edu”>scholarships@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Ours was not a scholarship notification. Just a letter saying that he qualifies and encouraging him to get his scholarship application in.</p>

<p>My daughter received an e-mail saying she needed to apply for scholarships. She already applied many weeks ago. The ‘Academics’ tab shows that it is already submitted.</p>

<p>I sent an e-mail to the link provided by my favorite forum person, mom2*.</p>

<p>I’ll let you know what they say.</p>

<p>I looked on the University site tonight and it said that scholarship letters will be sent out mid March. Alumni scholarships will be sent out by end of May. So, may be a while yet, but since they are stat based, no worries.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>I see that on the Q&A but I wonder if that’s always been there or is that something new. If it’s always been there, then that would only apply to the non-assured merit awards. If it’s new info on the website, then this is a new procedure.</p>

<p>That’s what happened with DD last year. In the fall, she received an unofficial letter that she qualified for the Presidential scholarship (full tuition), but that the official offer letter wouldn’t be sent until the spring.</p>

<p>Maybe they will continue that method…sending a letter in the fall, and then sending the “official” scholarship paperwork in the spring.</p>

<p>Can some of you who are waiting scholarship notification please write to the scholarships office and ask for clarification? Include scores, GPA, and CWID.</p>

<p>Ask if Bama will be sending letters out expressing that you qualify for X scholarship in the Fall, but official paperwork in the spring.</p>

<p>Alumni scholarships?</p>

<p>What’s that all about?</p>

<p>I believe there are 2 types of Alumni scholarships. </p>

<p>1) small scholarships for children/grandchildren of registered alums.</p>

<p>2) 10 large scholarships for others (usually nonNMF), but most are for Alabama residents.</p>

<p>The alumni scholarship my D qualifies for is for children or grand children of Alabama graduates that meet the Stats (I think it is basically same as Presidential stats if I recall correctly) – in our case it is the $1k per year one up to $4K–</p>