Fall 2013 Transfer Thread

<p>@Ramaiz, Congrats!
nivy12, did you try checking Howdy > “Manage Applications” tab?</p>

<p>My ‘Manage Applications’ tab says I have no active applications. I think I know what this means and if it is what I think it is, it’s better for me. I will have more reason to aim for a 4.0 this semester.
@Ramaiz, congratulations!</p>

<p>So for those of us that didn’t get accepted yet to the following major, should we still be hopeful?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>awwww man. This is so demoralizing. :(</p>

<p>Guys do not worry about the fact that you are on step 3 now. I am on step 3 as well. I know a lot of my friends, they get acceptance way later than others, late March and early April. Last year (Fall 2012) one friend of mine got accepted as a transfer student to Biomedical Engineering after submitting Spring Grade. He got acceptance on June 16 which was freaking late.
As long as your GPA is good and you believe in yourself, do not lose hope.
@SobeGreenTea: No worries !!!</p>

<p>About myself!!
GPA: 4.0 Blinn College ( 70 Transferable Courses, almost done all of BS core curriculum except for department core curriculum)
I am missing one Physics 2 for engineering which is in CBK. I am taking Physics right now.
Recommendation: Perfect and spectacular from physics professor at Sam Houston University.
Essay: decent essay in my opinion. Very personal essay.
Activities : Working as a volunteer in a nursing home for 6 months. President of club for 2 semesters. PTK member. Receiving nomination Who’s Who Among American Student. Blinn Colllege scholarship recipients.
I applied for Petroleum Engineering, and I submitted all of my document on early January. Still on step three.
I really hope I can get in guys. Good luck all of you!!!</p>

<p>@SobeGreenTea972, on second thought, we should still be hopeful.
Firstly, I checked the thread where you got this quote from and it is in reference to freshman admissions. We are not freshman, we’re transfers. Secondly, it is not possible that the spaces are already filled up that us transfer students are going to be sitting ducks. Thirdly, a friend of mine who got into ChemE this semester told me that the advisor said that they will let less freshman in and more transfers. Through comparison, this applies to other engineering majors because basically, transfer retention rates are higher than freshman. Transfer students to engineering at TAMU are more grateful and value their acceptance. A lot of freshman students just switch out from engineering because of the weed-out classes like Physics and Calculus. Judging from past trends, transfer students have been accepted to engineering as late as July. A friend of mine heard back from Biomedical Engineering and they told him to submit Spring grades. ChemE peeps told me that they will do a review once Spring grades are posted. Also, transfer students have proven themselves better than freshman, they truly know what they want to do and are serious about their prospective major. Therefore, it would be irrational on TAMU’s part to not let any transfer students in because of full capacity. Also, I think there is a separate quota for transfer students. In conclusion, HANG IN THERE! :slight_smile:
@orgtega, if you have a 4.0, you have a VERY good chance at getting into Petro.</p>

<p>@nivy12 good luck on you as well. What is your major btw ?</p>

<p>1st choice: Chemical Engineering
2nd choice: Nuclear Engineering
A friend of mine told me to keep the second choice something that you will get into for sure. I talked to the Nuclear Engineering advisor, he looked at my grades and told me that I will get in no questions asked and that I will do fine in the program. I just hope there is space!
Chemical on the other hand is competitive, 3.0-3.5 is the good range as told to me by the peer advisor. Hoping for the best.</p>

<p>Something else to slow down the application process, a bomb threat on campus. Hopefully just a stupid hoax.</p>

<p>** Texas A&M buildings evacuated in bomb threat
3:08p.m. EST February 20, 2013Texas A&M University at College Station, Texas, issued a Code Maroon alert on Wednesday and closed a half-dozen buildings and its athletic complex after receiving a bomb threat.</p>

<p>The university said on its Web site that the threat “was written on a wall of a non-academic facility on campus.”</p>

<p>The authorities were notified at 10:50 a.m. CT. Federal agencies were contacted to help with the investigation.</p>

<p>“Kyle Field is currently being searched due to a bomb threat issued against the facility,” the university said. “Law enforcement personnel are working to clear the facility, however, as a precaution the following facilities were also evacuated: Reed Building, G. Rollie White, Neetum Steed, and the Bright Athletics complex. These buildings will remain closed for the remainder of the day.”</p>

<p>The university, founded in 1876, has an enrollment of over 53,000 students.</p>

<p>This is what I got today:
Your application for admission to Texas A&M University has been received and reviewed thoroughly by those most concerned with your admission. After carefully considering your application file, we regret to inform you that we cannot offer you admission at this time.</p>

<p>We will reconsider your application for fall admission if the following conditions are met:</p>

<p>we receive an official transcript with your current semester’s spring grades in the Office of Admissions by June 1, 2013 and
space is still available in your desired degree program for the Fall 2013 semester
These conditions for reconsideration are applicable to all U.S. citizens and international applicants studying in the U.S.</p>

<p>To view additional details regarding your application, access the Transfer Audit Report available on the Applicant channel in the Howdy portal. Be aware that applicants with less than 24 graded, transferable hours or cumulative grade point averages below 2.5 are automatically denied admission without review by the academic college.</p>

<p>We will keep your records on file for one year. You may receive consideration for admission to a future semester by submitting a new application, application fee, and other required credentials as noted on our website: admissions.tamu.edu. Please be aware that required credentials are different for different application types and new essays must be provided with each new application. Updated transcripts may be required if additional coursework has been completed since last applying. For assistance regarding the application process, please contact an advisor at one of our Prospective Student Centers. Their contact information can be found online at admissions.tamu.edu/psc.</p>

<p>We appreciate your interest in Texas A&M University and wish you the best in your educational pursuits.</p>

<p>Admissions Selection Committee</p>

<p>Nivy12 … man I sure hate to here that news. You seem pretty sharp though and when one door closes another one usually opens. I believe you will do just fine. Hang tough!!</p>

<p>@Fullbacker, I couldn’t agree with you more. Thank you for the words of motivation, I really appreciate it. Going to give it my all to achieve a 4.0 this semester.</p>

<p>Well we finally moved to Step 5 just a little while ago. Also got the electronic Acceptance letter as well as the documents to download from the link (Transfer Audit Report). It took almost a week to move off of Step 3 from the time he got the “Admitted” notification under “Mangage Applications”. Really suprised it updated today. ** Everybody keep checking … things are popping!!</p>

<p>Nivy, I know you really wanted in but you will make it on the next shot or pick another great school. Keep on studying hard … it will happen!!!</p>

<p>I’ve been on the Blinn TEAM for 2 years now. I am hopeful I will make it on the next shot, if not Chemical, then Nuclear for sure, God-Willing. Congrats to your son once again! :slight_smile: I got the transfer audit report today as well. I was expecting the response that I got today, it is basically what the advisor told me via email last week. He said they review EVERYONE’s application after Spring grades. That probably means that anybody applying to my major for fall will most probably be getting the same response no matter what the grades are. I think this is good, because all the applicants will get a fair chance at the review over the summer. It really helps to be optimistic. :)</p>

<p>Geez… meanwhile I’m lost somewhere still stuck on Step 2 (Three weeks yesterday since transcripts were submitted).
That’s the spirit Nivy. Keep your head up and keep chugging along.</p>

<p>Mfoty83, man we know the feeling well. It seems like for stinkin ever. Step 3 seemed just about as bad. I bet you get some news in about another week.</p>

<p>@Mfoty83, what is your major and what are your stats?</p>

<p>My first Choice is Ag Economics and my second is Wildlife and Fisheries Science.
Right now I’ve got 37 transferable credits not counting the 12 I’m taking this semester. So far I’ve got a 3.67 GPA. I’m hoping to get that up this semester even if Math 1325 makes my head hurt. I already know I’m getting denied on the early decision because the math is a prerequisite for Ag Econ. I talked to the advisor at A&M and she told me to just get my end of semester transcripts in by June 1st so that they can review me as long as the others were submitted prior to the March 15th deadline. There is also the possibility I get accepted to the Wildlife and Fisheries though. I’ll have to cross that bridge if it gets that far.</p>

<p>Impressive GPA! They should let you in after spring review…</p>