<p>Rejected.
Here is my stats:
international student in #70 U in US
freshman with 30 credits after this semester is over
HS GPA~4.0
College GPA 4.13
SAT 1950 TOEFL 110
applied as bio major
bunch of activities in high school but few in college(which I think is the reason why I got rej.)</p>

<p>accepted by CWRU two weeks ago but not sure if I’m gonna enroll…</p>

<p>All the very best everyone!!!Hope you guys get better news!!! :)</p>

<p>Just got rejected.</p>

<p>Freshman at UW-La Crosse.
HS GPA - 3.3
College GPA - 3.6
38 credits by the end of this semester.
Applied as a communication arts major.
Same thing as BladeRunner16 regarding extracurriculars (lots in high school, not many in college).
Pretty good essays.
1 letter of recommendation.</p>

<p>Good luck everyone!</p>

<p>Rejected as well. 3.7 GPA, 4.0 my last 3 semesters with a recommendation from a great professor, member of PTK (2-year college honors society) and KBD (business honors) as well. Jeez UW has picky standards for a Big Ten. Oh well, time to choose between DePaul or UIllinois.</p>

<p>Rejected. HS - 3.8, College - 3.9, ACT: 34. </p>

<p>Oh well. Good luck to everybody else.</p>

<p>Rejected. Stats somewhere throughout the thread. I’m honestly in shock but just thankful that I have a back up plan. Looks like they rejected a lot of us tonight but hey, their lost right? Are any of you guys thinking about appealing? </p>

<p>Oh my god this is making me so nervous! I’m so sorry of those who were not accepted. If you appeal I wish you luck on that. I can’t believe the GPA’s that are getting rejected right now. My friend the one who has a college GPA of 3.0 just got postponed today. Wow. I’m really in shock, theres really nothing else I can say. </p>

<p>Rejected, 3.5 college GPA 4 rec letters one from member of the UW board of regents. Tons of EC’s and 32 credits… Really bumming out about this, can’t decide if I will be appealing or not. Best of luck to all of you in the future!</p>

<p>Uw Madison’s admissions decisions just don’t seem fair… I know good people with high GPA’s get completely rejected while people who simply don’t deserve to go there (in the sense that they only applied there for the parties) with lower stats get postponed or accepted. Either way, they’re loosing out on some great applicants, and I think it’s fundamentally unfair how their admissions process is so flawed and black and white. I’m not the first person to think this… There’s a lot of controversy on it. If you got rejected, I strongly urge you to appeal and fight back. Because I know a ton of people who deserve to get in who don’t.</p>

<p>I got rejected last night. College GPA is a 3.71.</p>

<p>For those who were postponed and do not yet know, you cannot appeal your decision if you are eventually rejected. </p>

<p>@collegegirlxxx‌ You can. You just have to wait until you get rejected. </p>

<p>I have a friend who got accepted into Ivy League colleges, yet got denied from Madison; she had a straight 4.0. I almost wonder if the denials are due to a lack of space because of more Freshmen. I’m seeing people with amazing stats here get straight denied. This cannot be because of your credentials. You guys have amazing credentials. It has to be because of something else. Another possibility is that they postponed too many people in the beginning that they have limited room now… either way, it all just does not seem fair.</p>

<p>@masterburrito Ok, maybe I read it wrong! That makes me feel better incase the worst does happen. </p>

<p>It’s their loss,not yours…</p>

<p>Looking at this thread I’m still in disbelief.It seems like so many of us with amazing stats got rejected. My parents are encouraging me to appeal. A part of me is saying honestly I even know if I want to because maybe this is just fate. But another part of me is saying we all need to come together & appeal because this clearly isn’t right. It’s so many amazing people on this thread who worked so hard, amazing in every aspect & yet somehow we fell short. </p>

<p>Also I guess I’ll post my stats again because they are further up in the thread
High school GPA-3.4
College GPA-3.8 made DEANS list, getting inducted into freshman national honor society tomorrow
Going to have 32 credits by the end of the semester. Great, diverse classes all around the board.
Had amazing essays, & great letters of recommendations, two of which came from professors I had who were alumni
National Honors Society in high school, Link Crew, Student Council officer, the list goes on & on.</p>

<p>@LexiMoJ‌ Just my opinion, but you earned a 3.8. This requires you working your butt off. I KNOW the people that go to Madison now, and half of the people I know from there aren’t that good. I KNOW people who got in with lower stats, and literally, they just want to go there to party. In my opinion, it’s just an injustice when you have people, who you and I know are highly qualified and who will do great at Madison get rejected. With this said, I think you should appeal. </p>

<p>This is just so insane…I want to appeal but then again would it even be worth it? Would they actually take it into consideration?</p>

<p>Wow, this place is a bloodbath. My condolences to those who were rejected. There are some really qualified people around here.
All of this makes me that much happier that I was postponed 3 weeks ago. Even though, I have ambiguous info about postponements too.
Good luck to everyone in the future.</p>

<p>Interesting article about the “holistic” admissions policy at UW-Madison. As a rejected freshman student, I was thinking about transferring in next year, but maybe that won’t be any better! I just don’t understand the admissions process at the school, and think there are other factors involved, such as this article suggests.</p>

<p><a href=“UW-Madison's 'holistic' admissions policy may spark discrimination suit”>http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/256197651.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;