Fall 2014 transfers?

<p>Rejected with a 4.0 college GPA, but after only completing 1 semester (13 credits). After this semester (spring 2014), I’ll still have a 4.0 with 27 credits. Wrote very strong personal statements and got 2 letters of rec from college professors. Didn’t submit test scores.</p>

<p>Planning on applying again for spring 2015, but I don’t even know what I could do differently. Any tips?
I can’t do much better than a 4.0 :/</p>

<p>I understand the nature of UW Madison “holistic” addmissions approach but what can a white, male, 2nd generation college student do? I’ve gradually accepted affirmitive action policies but come on! What can I do?</p>

<p>@aspirantasian I got rejected. I’m going to appeal but I looked at sample appeal letters online and I’m not so sure if any additional info will help me in this case. Also, I read that usually when people appeal, they hear back in 4 to 6 weeks.
These two months have been so long!!! I’m so disappointed but I also am glad I heard a result. Now I can replan my life. </p>

<p>I got into UW-Madison! :smiley: Quite excited – just checked the portal! </p>

<p>I now have to choose between Madison Business and Michigan Economics. argh! Can someone help please?
I’m basically looking for a program that provides better opportunities in financial services, and good prospect for M.Sc. in Finance or an MBA. Kindly help if you can. :)</p>

<p>Anyone who got accepted if you were willing to ask admissions the particular reason why you were rejected and share with the rest of us that could be helpful unless you find it’s too personal then never mind! </p>

<p>@wiscogirlintokyo All the very best for your future pursuits :slight_smile: Bdw I too got rejected ! But I had backup options like Maryland ,Ohio and virginia tech so might go in any of these :)</p>

<p>The decisions were dissapointing as a whole of Wisconsin !</p>

<p>@mgunderson2121‌ @LexiMoJ‌
I can guarantee that you guys were rejected because of only completing one semester so far. Even though the minimum is 24 hours, I think they prefer more sometimes. If you can maintain your GPA, you should get in easily for Spring 2015.</p>

<p>@waitwut Why do you say so?</p>

<p>@BladeRunner16‌
Because both of them have very high gpa’s, but have only completed 13/17 hours.</p>

<p>I’m really shocked by some of the people who ended up getting denied… however I got postponed. Posted earlier but I had a 3.0 hs gpa and I currently have a 4.0 after 1 sem of college w/ 16 credits. Does anyone have any information on what you need to get in after being postponed?</p>

<p>@banker92
Congratulations!! So happy for you! What were your stats?</p>

<p>@waitwut that can easily be the reason. However, I feel with that being said if they want people who typically have more credits why even give incoming sophomores the option to apply as transfers knowing that we won’t have tons of credits anyway? The UW admissions seems to be very flawed.</p>

<p>A girl I know went to Purdue her freshmen year and transferred to Madison her sophomore year. She could have easily gotten into Madison her freshmen year so this isn’t the best comparison. </p>

<p>@LexiMoJ‌
I’m not saying it’s impossible, just that it’s harder to make it if you’ve only had one completed semester.</p>

<p>@collegegirlxxx‌ - just saw this post. Messaging you. :)</p>

<p>Has anyone else heard back?</p>

<p>High School GPA- 3.08 (spent a little too much time with extracurriculars)
College GPA- 3.37 (16 credits), MN MIAC school
Two high school letters of rec.
One college professor letter of rec.
Two In school jobs and College Swimming
Applied second time…Rejected</p>

<p>Coming back hard for Spring 2014</p>

<p>When should we get a request from UW to report our grades?
All of my grades are out and I’m ready to get this process started.</p>

<p>@waitwut I believe you are supposed to report your grades in the Student Center (in MyUW) as early as you can</p>

<p>Unfortunately the link to report grades is not up yet.</p>

<p>The link will be up next week. How did you guys do?</p>