Fall 2014 transfers?

<p>I haven’t yet</p>

<p>Nope. I did get an email about a scholarship application, but that doesn’t say anything about admission status.
I think a lot of us will hear back by the end of the week, especially since I just found out that UW has spring break next week, not this week.</p>

<p>@waitwut why do you think we’ll hear back so soon?</p>

<p>One can only hope, but I don’t see how spring break is relevant</p>

<p>@jimmyboy123
Well, if this week was spring break, I would imagine it would be useless to check for a decision, considering that the whole campus would be closed, including the admissions office. So when I found out it wasn’t their spring break this week, I didn’t rule out getting a notice.
@TransferGopher
Last semester, I turned in my application the last day (10/1) and got my denial decision on 11/15. So this semester, since I turned it in the last day (2/3) I would assume that the earliest would be this Friday (3/14) or soon after. (Which may take a week longer, b/c of spring break.)
It is important to note that transfer decisions will most likely take longer this semester because of all the freshman applications, so this week/ next week is definitely on the optimistic side of the range.</p>

<p>I submitted my application on 02/02/14. My application was all processed on 02/05/14, so I believe that’s the date that my status changed from it stating that it’ll be reviewed to it stating that it is being reviewed. That status has been on like that from then onwards. I had just spoken to the admissions councilor. She had informed me that they had a higher-than-normal load this year. With this said, UW-Madison is apparently going to be a bit late on notifications. She said that I can be expected to notified after April 1st until the end of April. She did, however, state that Madison tries to send out decisions notifications daily after 7:20PM. Furthermore, they send out a mass-ton of them every Friday. They should be sending out stuff during spring break, as well. </p>

<p>My credentials:
GPA: 3.88
ACT: 30
Credits: 48
In-state resident</p>

<p>I should mention that I had applied last year as a transfer applicant, as well. I submitted my application in at the last moment, and it didn’t appear that my transcript sent out well. I got a notification that my application was incomplete on March 15th, and so I fixed it and got it all straightened out on that date. I got my notification that I had been accepted on April 19th, 2013 at exactly 7:20PM. I’m hoping that I get a decision earlier this year, since I did, technically, submit my materials earlier. They give priority to ones whose materials get submitted earlier (including transcript, grades, act, etc.). </p>

<p>@Masterburrito1
Wow I didn’t realize it would be that late.
Why did you choose not to attend after being accepted last year? Doesn’t UW accept deferments?</p>

<p>@waitwut Yeah, they really like to wait until the end unless you apply super late. It’s either the end of march or by April 20th, I’d say. I was REALLY hoping they’d give mine by tonight, but I wasn’t that lucky. </p>

<p>And I did not attend due to some family problems back in Milwaukee. I didn’t think i would be attending in the future, so I didn’t defer it. I’m not entirely sure on how that works. I certainly hope that me being previously accepted will have positive influence when they review my application!</p>

<p>@Masterburrito1
Yea, I didn’t get mine either.
Yea it should. Good for you for getting to apply again.</p>

<p>I think they cycle who they send notifications to. I always check on twitter to see who got accepted and it looked like all of the people who got one were incoming freshman. So hopefully transfers should get some next friday.</p>

<p>Yeah, the freshman deadline for the admissions department is by the end of march. When I had spoken with the lady from admissions, she told me that they had a higher volume of freshman and transfers this year, so they’re trying to finish up applications for freshmen. She did state that people who got everything in super early might also get their decisions, however. When did you guys technically get everything in? It’ll be interesting to see if we get admission decisions based on that timing. I, personally, am expecting my decision by April 20th at the latest. Last year, when I applied, I got everything in by march 15th, and I got my decision on April 19th. I hope they give it out earlier this year.</p>

<p>@Masterburrito1
I turned it in 2/3 and got my app acknowledged on 2/5 and I’m sure they had gotten all my material in by then.
Is that good timing or no?</p>

<p>My application was completed on the 26th of December and confirmed on the 29th, documents received on the 13th of January (according to DHL tracking number) and changed to being reviewed on the 25th. </p>

<p>Mine is similar to waitwut’s. I know a friend who did get accepted on Friday, however, but he applied super early. I believe we all submitted everything in fairly early. </p>

<p>@masterburrito1 @walwut Just letting you two know, whether you send in your application early or late, it doesn’t really hurt or improve your chances of getting in, which is what I was told from the admissions office. You never know though. </p>

<p>@frankieb
Yea, I know it doesn’t improve my chances, but I think it helps in getting the decision earlier.</p>

<p>@frankieb6 yes, that’s true. When you submit it won’t really affect your chances of getting in, however; you will, indeed, get your decision back earlier. The only exception to this is if you turn in your application after the deadline; then, they won’t even consider anything. But as of this morning, it appears that all of the Transfer councilors are busy at work at reviewing transfer applications. The way the admissions representative sounded, they’re going to have releases about every day after 7:00PM. I’m just anxious to get my decision back, quite honestly. </p>

<p>What’s everyone’s back up plan, in case you don’t get accepted? I really dislike UW-Milwaukee and want to live in Madison. I’d have to sell a few of my organs to afford Edgewood though.</p>

<p>@jimmyboy123
I was recently accepted to Ohio State and I’m waiting on Minnesota. But hopefully, neither of those will matter, because I want to go to Wisconsin, #1, hands down.</p>