Fall 2014 transfers?

<p>@jimmyboy123, I was accepted to the University of Minnesota, so I will be going to the U of M if I don’t get accepted.</p>

<p>@waitwut Completely understandable. I was looking at Ohio State (and most Big Ten schools, to be honest) too</p>

<p>@TransferGopher Ah I see, for some reason I have been under the impression that UofM is harder to get into than UW, until my buddy corrected me last week. Or I would have applied there. Although, 92% of Fall 2013 for my intended major had a 3.5 - 4.0 GPA. </p>

<p>Good luck to both of you! </p>

<p>I’m starting to feel really pessimistic about my chances to UW after reading this forum. I was delusional. Should’ve done more research.</p>

<p>@jimmyboy123
Why are you starting to feel pessimistic now?</p>

<p>/</p>

<p>@waitwut many in this thread have a 3.75+ GPA, many college extra curricular activities, clubs, community service, etc. Apparently I don’t have much to offer haha. Then that thread about the high school girl who got denied with a 29 ACT, 3.75 GPA, top 5% class, AP classes. I’m aware that she applied as a freshman, but still… </p>

<p>@jimmyboy123 Don’t worry about it, man. As long as you have over a 3.4 or a 3.5, you definitely stand a solid chance. Madison does value extra curricular activities, but you can get away with few. Also, I’ve heard time and again that transfer admissions are easier than regular regular admissions to Madison. All we can do now is hope for the best. Best of luck to you all! </p>

<p>@Masterburrito1
Here’s to hoping you’re right.</p>

<p>Did any transfer applicants hear back today?</p>

<p>nope</p>

<p>Unfortunately not. </p>

<p>Nope. I guess they’ll get to us after getting through all the freshman. </p>

<p>hey i was wondering if you guys could give me what you guys think about my chances</p>

<p>i’m currently a student at boston university’s school of management. it’s a great school, but it’s not for me so i’m trying to transfer to UW of madison</p>

<p>my HS gpa was a 3.4
my college gpa (after 1 semester) is a 2.3 </p>

<p>in highschool i took 8 AP courses. i did varsity rowing. i created a business club and am currently involved at boston university’s business club. did community service. i attended a 10 day business camp at fordham university</p>

<p>i’m just really nervous about this because my first semester GPA in college is absolutely atrocious. it might look better because i attend boston university (ranked the hardest grading school in the nation), but it doesn’t reflect my ability at all. minus that it seems like i’m well rounded and i know taking 8 APs total definitely helps</p>

<p>what do you guys think? </p>

<p>@dtarantino - I think you probably need to get your GPA up. 3.4 isn’t extremely competitive for Madison. 2.3 is also not competitive. I’d recommend getting your GPA up. </p>

<p>Hey guys, this wait is taking such a long time… way to long. Anyways, I applied and had everything marked received in mid January. </p>

<p>Here are my stats
high school = 3.1
college trimester (fall) = 3.24

• trimester (winter) = 3.1
    Commutative gpa as of now = 3.17
    24 credit as of now with one trimester (spring) left</p>

<p>I know that these stats are not the “norm” for this thread, but I called Madison and the rep said, “having above a 3.0 puts you above average.” I was just wondering if some of you could chance me. I am also a resident of Wisconsin going to a private college, and I am African American if that means anything. I am not for affirmative action for the record… I believe the most qualified should get the spot, but I was wondering if Madison took that into consideration. In High school I had a job, volunteered and varsity lettered. I also coached a youth soccer team, and did mission trips. In college I have taken a class in every subject. </p>

<p>Also waiting to here back. Here are my stats</p>

<p>HS uw: 3.44
College first semester: 3.8
ACT: 25
Varsity soccer for 4 years
in state</p>

<p>Chances? </p>

<p>Back to my original post, I also got two letters of recommendation both from college professors, and did not submit my ACT score. Sorry about this. </p>

<p>I bet some a decent amount of transfers will hear back this Friday because freshmen admissions are done and they give most news out on Fridays. </p>

<p>I don’t think being a minority would really help or inhibit your chances. I’m a minority, as well, and when I asked about that, she had informed me that it does nothing. Furthermore, they say they do a “wholeistic” approach, so it’s kind of hard to say where one would stand. A person with a bad GPA who had done everything else correctly would probably get in than a person with a 3.8 who had messed up their application. Also, they take your college transcript and activities into account more than your high school transcript. For Badger7’s question, I think you’ve got a pretty good chance. </p>

<p>@TransferGopher I agree. But I think they’d probably release the ones who had applied super early, then. Since I got everything in around February 5th, I’m expecting mine to come a few weeks later, unfortunately. </p>

<p>Hey guys, here’s to hopefully someone hearing back tonight!</p>