George Washington University RD 2021

@KaitElaine i also went to the interviews! if i remember correctly, they told me that they would release the psa decisions along with the rejection/acceptance into the school :slight_smile:

Hi everyone! I’m really nervous about the decisions coming out, especially since I just got waitlisted by American and rejected by Boston, I applied to ESIA I have a 4.6 W GPA, a 32 ACT, in graduating HS with an AA from dual enrollment, I have over 900 community service hours, I am certified by NALS as an Accredited Legal Professional, I visited GW and did a campus tour, and I have a letter of recommendation from a member of my HS’ board of directors who is a retired judge and a GW Alum. GW is my top choice and the only reason I applied RD is financial aid.

@hopefulfso Your stats and other subjective items look really good! The average WGPA for GW is 4.03 and the average ACT is 30 so you should have good chances.
On a side note, I have similar stats and was rejected from BU as well, and after doing some research and consulting with other people, it seems like BU is very conscious of its yield rate and does not admit people with stats/applications way above what their average/norm is because they deem them “overqualified” and think that those applicants would go elsewhere. For example, one of my friends was rejected from BU two years ago but ended up at Harvard so, I wouldn’t worry too much about a rejection from BU.

Nah. You are not right about BU. The people who are over qualified as you would say are over qualified to get into their regular program. However, usually the people who are “over qualified” wants to get into BU’s top program.

@justincheng Really? Sorry, I guess I am mistaken. Disregard what I said then lol

I’m also worried. I was accepted to American but rejected from Boston. I have a 29ACT and a 4.5 W GPA. What do you guys think? Is it looking good for me or no?

Gpa is good. Act crap.

So are we still speculating that decisions will be released today at 5 or 6 pm EST?

@futurecollege521 I think you have a pretty good chance, depending on essays, LORs, and ECs. They weight GPA more than test scores and your GPA is really good.

Good luck to everyone today!

My daughter’s stats:
31 ACT, 32 superscore, 1330 SAT, 4.93 GPA, national awards for art, all 4’s on AP exams, former L10 gymnast, now Florida state-ranked diver going to Nationals this summer; teacher’s assistant, took a Harvard course in globalization, attended Dartmouth DOD session two summers ago, extensive global travel, great recs, great essays, great interviews - applied to ESIA. She was accepted into American’s SIS w Dean’s Scholarship and other awards, waiting on GW and GU (big reach for her); only wants DC and International Studies, so really only 3 choices
Guess we wait to hear from GW and GU now!!

@HopeApp4 I hope they are posted today. I talked with GWU admissions this morning. They said an email will arrive at 9 AM the morning they are going to post admission results to give a time when to check that day. They also said it will be one day this week. It doesn’t sound like it will be today since it is past the 9AM EST and there hasn’t been an email.

@hopefulfso my daughter was wait listed at American (she didn’t answer the supplemental questions or apply honors so I think the cemented things for her). She was accepted EA to Northeastern and RD to Case Western.

I wouldn’t read anything into the American decision in terms of GW. American is very concerned about their yield. They receive the about the same number of applicants at GW for about 60% of the spots. They have a lower acceptance rate but also lower average SAT scores.

I got into Boston U and waitlisted from American. 31 ACT and 4.12 GPA. Really, really hoping I get into GWU. My top realistic choice.

@notmyname2 Thanks for the info!! I was really hoping it would be today, but yeah if there’s no email I guess not :confused:

just a reminder that I had gotten my email at about the noon the day that it came out, so don’t lose hope yet!

Also, my ACT scores were NOT good, and I still got in. My supplement essay was what stood out to me at least- so that definitely helped me, and I had made a zeemee account and made sure it was present on my application. I think if your application stood out in some way- whether that be test scores, GPA, or your essays- you have a good shot

I don’t know if this is true for anyone else but when I clicked on financial aid overview it said expected enrollment next to housing and tuition. It didn’t have any numbers yet but it had everything but the numbers. Let me know if anyone else saw this/ has this change.

My S also waiting on GW- rejected from BU as well which was his top choice with a 1400 SAT, 10 AP’s (3 senior year) and 31 ACT and 4 year varsity sports, leadership and great recommendations. 60K applicants reported this year for BU with about 3600 spots likely had something to do with it. Noticed several International acceptances @ BU and likely not the same merit/financial aid considerations are given. GW claims to take a holistic approach however is more transparent to being need aware so unfortunately great stats may not be your guide towards acceptance. Disappointing to be rejected however the stats I am reading from the kids on this thread, you all should be proud of your accomplishments and my guess is all have great back up schools where you already have acceptance.

Which portal? @nsnick01

Good luck everyone!