George Washington University RD 2021

the email they sent out last week said that decisions would come out early this week…

So if not today, hopefully tomorrow??

Just called, they said there’s no specific date but it’s supposed to be before April 1. They said they’d send us an email the day of, prior to releasing decisions.

Hey guys! I’m a freshman at GW and I just looked back through my email inbox… I didn’t receive an email earlier in the day when decisions came out- I only received an email around 5 pm letting me know decisions were available. Of course, the email policy could have changed, but I just thought you all might find this helpful.

@matildak6 Yeah I would expect it to come later in the day

I called and they said before April 1. They also said it would be between 4 and 5 pm and we would get an email the morning of

I wonder what the hold up is at this point. Surely they have a finalized list, so I don’t know why they haven’t released it yet. I despise the waiting game. Though it is nice that it’s posted online and not only in the mail.

Yes I am so anxious!! this my number 1 school and the longest i have waited for any decisions

So… no decisions today then?

In 2014 they released decisions on the last Friday in march AFTER ivy day!!! I think it was the same in 2015 too.

I would wait an hour, bec emails for EDs came at 6:30 pm. But then if nothing, yes, tomorrow morning at 9 AM perhaps. Last year was 3/29 too, I believe. No matter what, it’s before 4/1 - so 72 hours max!

I heard their FA is not good…fingers crossed

didn’t they say the beginning of the week? Wednesday is not the beginning. I know it is what it is… a little frustrating

Dear ****,

We anticipate releasing Regular Decision application decisions before the end of the month. The release will occur on our new GW Student Portal, which is replacing the GW Activity Center.

The portal was designed with you in mind and should provide you with an improved experience on your phone, tablet and desktop computer. In the portal, you will be able to view your GWID, check the status of your application, view missing documents, find our contact information and, once it’s posted, view your admission decision.

In order to view your decision online next week, you must sign up for the GW Student Portal. It’s a quick and easy process - just sign up using this email address: *****

Then you’ll receive an email with a link to set your password. Please log in to the portal with your password to complete the signup process.

Some students may not be directed immediately to their personal page; we are monitoring the system for such errors and will work to fix them within a few hours. If you continue to have issues setting up your portal account, please contact us. We will have extended hours Monday and Thursday this week to answer phone calls and emails.

You will receive another email next week once decisions are released.

Thank You,
GW Undergraduate Admissions

It never said early next week on mine? Could be anytime before the end of the month, and that would be truthful to what the email said.

@bostongirl8 Yea I agree. Also I feel like it has to be tomorrow? I would be very surprised if GW tried to compete with ivy day.

@missanthropy I never received this email. When was it sent out??

We didn’t receive it either

@eketterm My D got that same email from GWU on March 20.

@eketterm i received it on the 20th :slight_smile: i’m sure its nothing to worry about, perhaps they just messed up when sending out emails?

@notmyname2 Oh wow. Wonder why I was missed :confused: