George Washington University RD 2021

I mean if they say “by April 1st” I’d rather them just say its going to be released on April 1 and stick to that rather than trying to release them earlier. For the schools that have a defined date, I feel like its less stressful and has made the wait easier.

@Riley9119 - that is exactly what I am trying to say! Thank you for saying it better!

I have to agree with the above… look at it from a different perspective and that you want the admissions office to take more than a quick glance at your application. In a school that is test optional where reviewing your application is a more holistically reviewed than possibly other schools that weed it down more on a number. My S had one school that missed the EA deadline notification which was frustrating but when other friends in that wave were rejected or deferred, he was ultimately thankful to have been selected for admissions. GW is not behind schedule at this point and soon this craziness will be over and kids can start making final decisions. embrace it and enjoy the remaining time in High School. Good luck to all!

okay… I’m just glad someone else got an email that said “early this week” despite the letter that was posted that I also received. Nice to know I’m not loosing all my marbles! :slight_smile:

so is there still a possibility that decisions will be released today?

The language of the email being “early next week” indicates on or before Wednesday. Thursday or Friday, logically, would be considered “late in the week.” Therefore, I would guess today.

Also, I contacted the admissions office and was also told there will be no ‘9 am email’ only the one posted when our portals are updated

Darn- we did not get the “early next week” one, just the one that said to set up the new portal account, that said plain old “next week”. Also, unlike others on here, no changes in our financial aid page. Feeling bleak. What was the “early next week” email about?

Can someone paste the email they got that said “early” this week? I’d appreciate it!

^^^

received march 20

Dear xxx,

We anticipate releasing Regular Decision application decisions before the end of the month. The release will occur on our new GW Student Portal, which is replacing the GW Activity Center.

The portal was designed with you in mind and should provide you with an improved experience on your phone, tablet and desktop computer. In the portal, you will be able to view your GWID, check the status of your application, view missing documents, find our contact information and, once it’s posted, view your admission decision.

In order to view your decision online next week, you must sign up for the GW Student Portal. It’s a quick and easy process - just sign up using this email address: xxx.

Then you’ll receive an email with a link to set your password. Please log in to the portal with your password to complete the signup process.

Some students may not be directed immediately to their personal page; we are monitoring the system for such errors and will work to fix them within a few hours. If you continue to have issues setting up your portal account, please contact us. We will have extended hours Monday and Thursday this week to answer phone calls and emails.

You will receive another email next week once decisions are released.

Thank You,
GW Undergraduate Admissions

I am seriously betting on today

@livingonaprayer I got that one, just not one that said “early” next week like some people are saying. Hmm.

It says before the end of the month, not early this week

my bet is this: we get an email either today, tomorrow, or friday w/ a link to the decision, most likely no warning. could come at a specific time all at once, or not, who knows. but it doesn’t look like the 9am email is happening – so it’s just a waiting game now. that’s what i inferred from the language or the email. could be wrong though!

So yesterday there was a consensus among contacted admissions personnel that they would release an email at 9am the day of. That sentiment changed TODAY after 9am, in my mind indicating that they perhaps “missed” the email and are planning to release decisions today. Probably means nothing but I am hoping that today is the day.

Here’s an educated (or uneducated) guess as to when GW releases based on the follows:
ED1 admission results were released immediately after GW admissions twitter announced same on 12/19 @ 2:30 PM.
ED2 admission results were released immediately after GW admissions twitter announced same on 2/13 @ 3:50 PM.
Here’s the guess… twit comes out this afternoon or Friday afternoon before 5:00 PM.
Thinking it won’t be tomorrow as this is Ivy Day. Why compete?? Good luck to all.

Tweet… sorry for thetypo!

if they do it on friday, then they dont have to worry about upset parents/kids calling all weekend … Gives them until monday to prepare for the onslaught.

very few schools release on ivy day except ivies. if not today, then friday for sure. but i am still betting on today.