George Washington University RD 2021

like in the mail

I haven’t yet

Accepted to the Elliott School with a 3.68 UW GPA. 6 APs. Didn’t submit SAT scores. Lots of ECs, Girls State and other selective programs. Small, rural school with 45 students. $15,000 Presidential Scholarship.

Accepted to SEAS with $25,000 PSA for piano.

GPA: 3.94 (unweighted)
SAT: 1560/1600
SAT II: Biology M (790), Math 2 (780), World History (720)
APs: Computer Science A (5), US Government and Politics (5)
Dual Enrollement: Human Anatomy and Physiology, Beginning Drawing
Senior Year Courses: AP Calc BC, AP Physics 1, Research Paper Writing, Modern Literature, Modern History, US History, French IV, Comparative Politics (dual enrollment, first semester only)

Extracurricular: dance (12 years of lessons, TA in beginning hip-hop, part-time job as housekeeping at the studio), piano (10 years lessons, frequent performance), three half-marathons, volunteer (chapter head at award-winning international nonprofit Teach Seniors Technology, math tutoring), University of the Pacific piano camp every summer, Women in Engineering Summer Youth Program at Michigan Tech
Awards/honors: National Merit Finalist, won or placed in several piano competitions, performed in MTAC CM Branch Honors Recitals Levels 6, 8, and 10 (explanation below for non-Californians), National Latin Exam Magna Cum Laudum, passed National Piano Guild Auditions every year I participated, Pride of (Insert Major City) Community Honoree (awarded to all local chapter heads and the president of Teach Seniors Tech)
Essays: can’t speak for the quality. Common App essay was about a relative’s disabling stroke, and how it affected by passion for medical technology. GW essay was about accepting my biological inability to dance well en pointe.
Also: homeschool

CM is a statewide evaluation run by music teachers in California. It includes a written test in theory and ear training, and a hands-on portion consisting of performance, sight-reading, and technique. There are 11 levels (prep, 1-9, and advanced). I reached advanced and then stopped.

Other results: Accepted to Allegheny College, St Mary’s College of CA, University of Puget Sound. Waitlisted at University of Michigan, University of Chicago. Rejected from Stanford.

I got into Columbian CAS political Science major as a Korean international student studying in New York Staten Island Academy. I had 640 CR 800Math, 3.78 unweighted GPA, I got 4 on my AP AB Calc, took no subject test. 102 toefl
I took six APs- AB Calc, AP US, AP Chem, AP Lang, AP Euro,AP Stats.
I have been playing three varsity sports.
I am a concert master first violinist.
I have participated in 5 musical productions and dramas.
I have helped my father’s congressmen election in Korea over several vacations.( I wrote 10pages long essay on my experience)
I did four in- depth team projects over four summers that dealt with environmentalism, anti-violence, natural disaster, and market economy( posted that on Zeemee).
I got into Boston University, Rutgers honors college in New Brunswick( its a great program), stony brook, uconn, umass amhearst)
I got waitlisted at NYU, Boston college, Middlebury College.
I got rejected from Johns Hopkins, Cornell, Tufts, USC.

I am gonna go to George Washington University as a final decision.

Anyone get package in mail yet because I have not?

My daughter received her scholarship information from financial aid but hasn’t received a physical letter from admissions.

All my son got was a 9x12 envelope with two sheets of paper with his financial aid offer.

Same, just two sheets of paper with all information I could trace on GWeb

For those of you who have been accepted to the Elliot School, would you mind telling me what your credentials were. I plan on applying next year and I would like to know if I have a chance.

Finally got acceptance package in the mail today!

@geniusa1a What was in the acceptance package? Is that something more than the two sheets from the financial aid office my son got last week?

@candjsdad the acceptance package includes a lot of the same info from online website (acceptance letter, dates of events, etc.). Also, it comes with some goodies.

my son was wait-listed a few weeks ago. He just received an email that he was offered to study the first year in paris and transfer the second year. Has anyone heard of this or did this option? anyone else receive this offer?

@wowed777 We were just at the accepted students day on Monday with my son. There was a student in the Honors Program who talked about having taken a year to study in Paris through GW. She seemed to have loved it. I would guess it is the same program. I wonder if they just have a couple of spots they reserved with the school in Paris that they didn’t fill with more senior students, so now they are looking for a way to make good use of the freshmen on the wait list. I’d say its not a bad deal since it lets you skip having to live in Thurston.

So I’m trying to decide what school to go to next year for poli sci/government. I still have not decided if I wish to do a double with IR or something like that although I am open to it. My options are GWU, UMich, UC Berkeley, Cornell and NYU. I know they are all good programs but I’m just looking for some input anyone might offer in making my decision. I am extremely torn as they all have their pro’s and cons and I haven’t found

Could someone who has attended admitted students day give me the itinerary for the day? What time does it start? We messed up and did not register fast enough and there are no spots left. Going to attend anyway and want to make sure we go to the right place at the right time. Hope it works out and we don’t get booted out. Thanks in advance!

When my son attended a few years ago they had an app with the schedule for the day, I think it was ‘inside GW’ at the App Store.

@FirstKid2College Ours started at 8am in the Smith Center. The first thing my son had to do was to get in line and register. I don’t know if the list they had was of all admitted students, or just the ones scheduled to attend that day.

@candjsdad thank you. I’m wondering if I should avoid that line or just admit we didn’t register in time. Think they’d turn us away? Did they provide you with any parking info?