George Washington University RD 2021

It looks as if my application hasn’t even been viewed? Would admissions officers still be reading new applications at this point in the process? I hate to say it but the only other option seems to be that Im rejected and they didn’t bother to update my information

I have that too but because my fin aid requirements are still being review becuase I sent them in last week, my net price is the full cost which is ridiculous.

If this was a legitimate way of figuring out admissions decisions, I think the GWU Admissions Committee would have done something about it by now. What’s the point of waiting for a decision if everyone could use this trick to check? I think we should try to wait until the actual decisions come out before assuming our acceptance/rejection! Stay positive!

Wait so does the new student as fall 2016 mean you’ve been accepted??

Anyone got any idea when decision date is? :slight_smile:

last year was sooo late i think the 29/30???

damn really :frowning: @neutopschool

Yaa it’ll probably be next friday

Did they not send out likely letters this year? No one is posting about it…

^^^^^

I don’t have anything

I don’t have anything either.

No one receives decisions, right? I only have access to my application status, not the actual GW portal, is that bad? I’m super nervous about decisions…

@sgdill
To sum up the last ten pages:
No one has received their RD decisions
The portals we have access to are the admissions portal and the GW info system portal (you login with your GWid and your date of birth mm/dd/yy)
In the GW info portal some students see messages such a such as “New student - Fall 2017” but these are NOT confirmed acceptances

Tl;dr no, no one has their RD decision and yes, you do have access to the other portal

I am logged into my GWID thing rn, how do i check for the new student thing?

hey do you know the link to your GW portal

Here is the portal link. https://www.gwu.edu. S shows New Student - Fall 2017. Denied at BU and NE; waitlisted BC. Had no access to BU portal prior to denial letter. HOWEVER, there were some folks that indicated they got into BU and were not allowed access to the portal beforehand so do not freak out if you do not see anything on the GW portal. Wait for the notification directly from GW even thought it is a long wait…

@smittyabc I’m unclear how to see if it says “New Student - Fall 2017”

I got denied from NE and BU too. Hopefully my Washington schools GW and AU come in clutch. Running out of options.

hey everyone. I just got accepted to GW early decision a few months ago and was reading this thread- the “New Student- Fall 2017” only means that they have your application and have you in the system as an applicant. On the day of the release when you log in to your “GW ID” and click on application status a video pops up congratulating you (if you got in). Theres also a letter attached and when you open the letter it reveals your application status. From there you create your ID and make a GW email and have full access to the info system