GW 2022 RD

ACCEPTED!!! with a 24,000 academic scholarship! :smiley:

Major of choice : Computer science
SAT: 1520
GPA 3.98 (w) total gpa / 4.0 (w) 10-12 GPA
EC: - 7 years dancing

• currently a member, co- captain, and co- hip hop choreographer of top level dance team in school, team won two 1st place trophies in dance competition
  • 11 years of piano
  • 11 years of tennis
  • JV tennis freshman year , made Women’s Singles Var Tennis Sophomore year #3 player on ladder
  • NASA Club
  • Participated in benefit shows where the money went to mental health organizations
  • Key Club and STEM
  • Film (experienced with operating drones, camera equipment, pro editing programs)
  • drawing, painting, sculpting
  • First gen. college student on my mom’s side (my mom never graduated) (if that counts)

Essays : I think they were pretty well developed

waitlisted. I submitted the form to get me off the waitlist, they said theyll let us know end of may… anyone know if its unranked?

Waitlisted
Major: Poli Sci
GPA: 3.4 UW (school doesn’t weight)
SAT: 1310
Pretty good ECs, course rigor, etc.

Ouch. I’m a little disappointed, but I’m not gonna take up a spot that could go to someone else who’s deserving. I think I’ve officially decided on Virginia Tech. Congratulations to everyone who got in! If you attend GW, I hope you have a blast.

My daughter waitlisted too; weighted GPA 4.2.

If you look at the Common Data Set for GW last year: 5629 students were offered wait list, 2082 accepted spot to stay on wait list, 16 students admitted from wait list. They don’t specify if wait list is ranked.

My D got accepted with 2 merit scholarships awards.
Total of 36,000.00 per year. Not sure what she is going to do. Still waiting on Duke University.

Accepted; 24k a year
1400 sat, 4.0 GPA

Accepted; 25k per year
1550 sat, 3.99 UW, was expecting more money, so now it is no longer the best option for me. Will probably attend UVA.

accepted 5k scholarship
ACT 31
GPA 3.8

congratulations to everyone!

Rejected.

Got in with a 24,000 scholarship!

i was accepted to uva and got a 25k toGW and am so torn between the schools

I’m also denied.what was your stats

Waitlisted (not surprised). ACT: 29, SAT: 1330. Weighted GPA is slightly over 4.0. From MI so I did not have money/time to visit.

ACCEPTED to CCAS as a Biological Anthropology major with $24,000 scholarship, rejected from WLP

Stats
GPA: 98.5
SAT: 1430

I honestly believe my strong point was my ECs, I had leadership positions in many activities and I have been involved in almost every one for 4 years.

I know this process can be scary, I remember spending hours scrolling through these forums when I was looking at schools. Just give it your all and trust that you will end up in the right place! Good luck to everyone!!

Accepted to Elliot with the Presidential $24,000 scholarship!

Waitlisted. 3.4 GPA and 1310 SAT

accepted to Columbian College of Arts and Sciences! 4.12 GPA, didn’t send my test score, got 24K a year for Presidential Academic Scholarship award. But declining offer as I am attending UCLA in the fall instead.

Accepted to Elliott with $24k scholarship!! Kind of surprised because I never visited but I’m really excited!

SAT: 1530
GPA: 4.41w, 4.0u

I have an internship with the federal government which is what I wrote my essay about and I think that really helped my application. I also got a large financial aid package so I’m very grateful. Congrats to everyone!

@JZMom8 Very similar to my daughter. Deferred at GW today, denied at G’town and accepted at American into their scholars program with $15k a year scholarship. Also accepted at the University of Maryland with an invitation to their FYRE program. SAT 1460, top 10% of her class, numerous APs in difficult subjects. However…weak ECs and I don’t think she engaged at all with GW over the past school year. I thought that based on stats alone that she would get in, especially given that her sister got into the Engineering school 4 years ago with lower SAT scores, and was offered $12k a year.