GW 2022 RD

@amandahahaha did you get your GW notification through portal or letter? I also got waitlisted from lehigh and American

@KimPossible1999 Noooo I was able to login to the GW student bill EBill portal which gives the option of submitting a deposit. I was hoping it was a good sign but it seems everyone who applied to GW can login to this portal so…

It looks like we’re going to get decisions this week. Regardless, we are going to be okay. I sincerely hope we all get in, but know that we will do well wherever we go!

y’all have no idea how bad I wanna go to GWU
Major of choice : Computer science
SAT: 1520
GPA 3.98 (w) total gpa / 4.0 (w) 10-12 GPA
EC: - 7 years dancing

• currently a member, co- captain, and co- hip hop choreographer of top level dance team in school, team won two 1st place trophies in dance competition
  • 11 years of piano
  • 11 years of tennis
  • JV tennis freshman year , made Women’s Singles Var Tennis Sophomore year #3 player on ladder
  • NASA Club
  • Participated in benefit shows where the money went to mental health organizations
  • Key Club and STEM
  • Film (experienced with operating drones, camera equipment, pro editing programs)
  • drawing, painting, sculpting
  • First gen. college student on my mom’s side (my mom never graduated) (if that counts)

Essays : I think they were pretty well developed

do y’all think i have a chance? I’ve been feeling pretty down lately due to the amount of rejections Ive been getting from UCLA, UCSB, UCD, UCSD, Cal Poly SLO, Boston College, - Waitlisted at Lehigh Univ. & American Univ. I already got accepted to my 4 safety schools, but they’re not the ones I prefer to go to. I’m bound to get rejected from Berkeley soon LMAO. I just wanna make it somewhere in SoCal or the east coast man is it too hard to askkkkkkkk. :’( :’(

@KimPossible1999 I’m holding out for GW too - I’ve been rejected from all my reaches so far (USC is gonna give me the L tomorrow)

A lot of UC’s this year yield protected but GW doesn’t do that. They even increased their acceptance rate a tiny bit as more qualified applicants started applying. I think you have a real shot!

@Kd6410 Let’s pray together (fingers crossed)

@KimPossible1999 Yes, fingers crossed for sure

What school did you apply to?

@Kd6410
I applied to UC : San Diego, Santa Barbara, Davis, LA, Berkeley, Santa Cruz, Irvine + Boston College, Lehigh, American, GWU, USC, Cal Poly SLO, Princeton (for the hecks of it), ASU Honors, UA, Rutgers Honors.

@KimPossible1999 I meant which school within GW :smiley: (I applied to Elliot)

But I also applied to USC and got rejected last night :blush:

@Kd6410 wowwww I’m dumb. Sorry bout that haha. If I remember correctly, I think it was the school of engineering and applied sciences… I think.

I just checked my financial aid portal and if you click eligibility and then the academic progress tab, it says “new student” and “fall 2018” for my status and effective term. Is anyone else seeing this?

I see that too. But I had never checked it before, so not sure if it has changed to the current state. We’ll know for sure this week.

You’re right. I don’t remember checking it before this month too. My older sister got her decision March 27th 3 years ago so hopefully we won’t have to wait too long.

@gdub1234 mine says “Needs Review-Not evaluated” and then “Fall 2018”

I hope this isn’t indicative of anything

@theoneandonly22 Mine says that as well. Really hoping it doesn’t mean anything. Got waitlisted from AU so GWU is my last chance of going to school in the east coast.

Where are you guys checking this?

@theoneandonly22 Did you apply for FA? Mine says the same and I did not apply

For those of you who have “new student” did you apply for FA?

@shafthalf The GWEB financial aid portal. You can view it by logging into the gw force portal and then clicking on the financial aid button

@Kd6410 I did but i submitted the documents a lil late