Has anyone been accepted to TCU for the 2013 fall semester??

<p>Devinheller- don’t worry. The financial aid packet by no means hinted acceptance. It was just a rundown on TCU’s scholarships and aid. I have received similar booklets from countless colleges. You may just not be on a certain mailing list.</p>

<p>My D1 received her admissions packet and scholarship offer the day before Thanksgiving last year. I was in hopes that meant that my D2 would hear something before Thanksgiving this year. But no such luck. Still waiting.</p>

<p>Annafc - Ok Thanks!
1639dayton - Wow that is really early for last year! I hadn’t heard of anyone finding out before like December 7th last year! My guess is that most of us that have a fighting chance will find out by December Seventh as did many in last years thread of this topic.</p>

<p>I didn’t get a packet or a postcard and haven’t really heard much from the campus. I sent in my application a week before the Nov. 1 deadline. Do you think that that might have something to do with not receiving one? And please post if someone gets they letter in. I want to know when they start sending them out; the anticipation is killing me.</p>

<p>I applied in August, and I haven’t heard back yet… Last year, my friend that went to TCU got her letter before thanksgiving. This year I haven’t heard of anyone getting accepted yet.</p>

<p>Do y’all think a 27 ACT score will be too low? I’m #17 in my class… I’m nervous.</p>

<p>A friend got in last year with an ACT score of 24 so a 27 should give you a great shot.</p>

<p>In my past experiences with friends going to TCU, if you grades arnt the best but you have a good essay and good letters of rec you will get in</p>

<p>@Bnicholson6 Thanks! That’s really reassuring. I went to a private prep school the first two years of highschool where the curriculum was extremely rigorous and then moved to a huge public school last year (junior year) and all of my “challenging” grades transfered over giving me a bad position in terms of class ranking (barely top 40%) I have taken and am still taking many AP courses (7 this year, 5 last year), made a 1740 SAT :confused: but I have been told I have outstanding essays, and I have a large number of activities including NHS, Student Council, latin club, and a numerous amount of Corps of Cadets leadership positions from my time at the military prep school. I also made a music video on the TCU campus for the freedom of expression part of the app and have three letters of rec. Does anyone have an idea of what my chances might be??</p>

<p>I’d say your chances are pretty good</p>

<p>I received the Financial Aid & Tuition packet today! Again, not sure if it means anything but exciting nonetheless.</p>

<p>Can someone please explain what exactly this Financial Aid/Tuition packet entails? Like specifics regarding what exactly it says? I would really appreciate it as I have not received this packet and am curious!</p>

<p>It listed scholarships and explained the FAFSA. I really didn’t see anything groundbreaking. You could probably get all that information and more on the Financial Aid portion of the TCU website</p>

<p>It says online that my admissions letter has been mailed!!</p>

<p>Where do you live nursingirl?!?</p>

<p>California!</p>

<p>I live in Fort Worth and my thing online hasn’t changed! That’s making me nervous!</p>

<p>Bnicholson6, Houstonian here, my online status hasn’t changed either. You shouldn’t be worried until January 1st.</p>

<p>Yeah, I guess I’m jut tired of waiting</p>

<p>On the tcu admissions blog, it said the first round of letters would be sent today, but that it means nothing about acceptance if your letter wasn’t sent today!</p>