How long did it take for A&M to give you their admissions decision?

<p>I hope they do because it sucks for those of us who go to competitive schools…</p>

<p>And it’s not fair because people who go to to easy and small schools easily get into the top ten</p>

<p>I feel ya Joe - I used to check AIS at least five times a day too…</p>

<p>Just now I looked up your high school, and wow. After reading all of your ECs, A&M will accept you FOR SURE, so don’t worry. You should enjoy your senior year before college hits.</p>

<p>Every says that but I’m starting to lose hope. I check AIS 5 times a day and it looks like there hasn’t been any progress since August 27. And yeah Westwood is really intense.</p>

<p>Julian, I think you have a good chance, too. Good luck to both of y’all! Hopefully you’ll hear soon.</p>

<p>Can anybody tell that does A&M gives admissions decision to review applicants in the order they receive admissions application or do they just pick applications randomly?</p>

<p>Not sure, but if I had to guess, I’d say neither.</p>

<p>I figure they start “processing” applications as they receive them, and decisions are meted out as the processing becomes complete.</p>

<p>For example, I would think they would be more familiar with in-state high schools, and it might be more easy to parse through those transcripts than those from out of state, so in-state might complete processing earlier.</p>

<p>I don’t know if that’s the case or not, but it seems logical to me that some applications would be easier and quicker to process than others.</p>

<p>I will go with random because I applied August 15 and haven’t heard anything since August 26</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I believe the AIS updates on wednesday, so hang in there buddy.</p>

<p>Which aspect updates? I went from step 2 to step 3 this morning. Does the list of filled programs update, and or the acceptances/denials? Also, does computer engineering tend to be a program that fills up quickly?</p>

<p>Yeah does step 3 only move on wensdays. I also heard Thursday is the day they update</p>

<p>I called today and the woman told me decision was made on friday, they will update AIS on wednesday. Although, we just checked with son jumping up and down and it has updated today to step 5. It says, </p>

<p>Congratulations you have been admitted to Texas A&M University. Welcome to the Aggie family! To accept your offer of admission and affirm you intention to attend Texas A&M please check the box below …</p>

<p>Son applied on Nov 28 th. Academic Review. In state.</p>

<p>Are you kidding me! Applied Nov 28 and already got in.!</p>

<p>What was his scores if you don’t mind me asking</p>

<p>700s in SAT Math II
700s in all sections of the SAT Reasoning.
National Merit Semifinalist TX</p>

<p>12 AP courses & 11 Honors courses.
5 APs in junior year (4,5,5,5,5*)</p>

<p>26% Class Rank. (above 20% due to lots of un-weighted high school grades from middle school)</p>

<p>How does your school weight AP and honors courses?</p>

<p>5.0 100 regular
6.0 AP and IB</p>

<p>@joeking: I understand your predicament, you attend a seriously competitive high school. Getting As in honors and AP level courses at schools with so many NMSFs is not easy. Therefore you cannot compare GPAs with kids from other schools. However, I am sure A&M is familiar with your school. So I wouldnt worry. </p>

<p>The best way to distinguish oneself at competitve schools such as these is by taking all AP and honors level courses in junior year. Then, demonstrate competency in those subjects on relevant AP and SAT Subject Tests. This is why my son took 5 APs as well as PreAP Calculus and PreAP Physics in junior year. Did you take any AP and SAT Subject Tests and mention those scores in your application?</p>

<p>Perraziman’s sons scores are right at an automatic academic admit. That coupled with NMSF status probably got him fast-tracked. My son OOS heard in about 4 weeks. Also a NMSF. Anyone that has been waiting a long time should confirm that everything is in at the office. Perhaps you are missing an element that should have been provided by your school, etc.</p>

<p>I’m not believe me. I asked many times</p>

<p>Wishing you the best of luck. I am sure things will work out.</p>