How long did it take for A&M to give you their admissions decision?

<p>I just got my acceptance to Mays this afternoon. I am transferring from Blinn with 46hours and a 4.0GPA, will have 58hours at the end of the spring semester</p>

<p>@leahed Sorry for the late reply, but I figured out why they accepted me so fast. It turns out I was an automatic admit, not because of my class rank or SAT score, but because of my ACT score. (30 Comp, 34 English, 27 Math) I thought they only did automatic decisions based on SAT scores and class rank, so I never thought to check about ACT scores.</p>

<p>After they processed my transcript,etc it only took 3 days to get a decision. I wasn’t automatic but I had a high ACT (top 30%, 33 ACT).</p>

<p>I know this post is YEARS later then the original post…but I needed to ask a few questions!</p>

<p>I applied to TAMU a week ago. I recieved the notification that they processed all of my information and paperwork. But I am really anxious to find out their decision. I am ranked in the top 10% and have a 3.8 GPA so I am eligible for the automatic admit. I noticed that many people said they recieved their acceptance letters within a few weeks of getting their application processed…does it matter if you submitted your application within days of it opening? Because I submitted mine about 5 days after it opened.</p>

<p>^Yes, I think it matters that you submitted your application within days of it opening. My son also applied within days of opening. I don’t recall how long he had to wait, but it was much longer than a few weeks. I think it may have been a few months. He was also an auto-admit. And we always assumed that his wait was so much longer than others’ simply because he applied so early. Maybe they open their application process early, but don’t spend time reviewing applications until later? </p>

<p>But my son wasn’t exactly ‘anxious to find out their decision.’ Why are you? I mean, you already know the decision, right? You’re an auto-admit. I guess I don’t get it. :o</p>

<p>I get it. I totally get it. The acceptance letter is the doorway to: Housing application and also entrance exams which are required if you are an engineering major. You can take them multiple times, and there is a practice exam. So the sooner you start, chances are the better you will perform by the deadline. Yea, you already know you’ll get in, but you can start planning better once you have the letter. A lot of it depends on what your major is. Mechanical Engineering is the first to fill up and is highly competitive - so even if you get into A&M, you might not get your major. The sooner you get the ball rolling, the better chance you have of getting the major you want.</p>

<p>When did you apply?</p>

<p>Randi95 and my D applied about the same time. Both are automatic admits. I just called our local admissions office to just ask the question. All of my D’s documents have been “processed” since Aug. 26. Basically I was told 2-3 weeks after all documents are processed. Letters go out once a week, usually, so it just depends on which pile you get placed in.</p>

<p>So I’m guessing we’ll hear something by Sept. 18 or so. She’s still checing the portal every day though! :)</p>

<p>FYI, the portal will update with the decision before you receive the letter.</p>

<p>Good to know. She’s checking it every day. Sometimes several times a day.</p>

<p>My S attends a school that does not rank the class. After he got his app in, the “class rank” on the TAMU applicant site was listed as “not processed” for a week, then that line just disappeared (no check box). I’m curious, if you are from a school that clearly lists your rank, do you get a check on that line after its processed? He left a message for an admissions counselor, but it hasn’t been answered yet. Thx. JR</p>

<p>^ Yeah, there’s a check there.</p>

<p>yes, that happend to my daughter this week! It just went away, and everything else says processed.</p>

<p>@jroback: No idea about nonranking high schools, but I’m a homeschooler and my class rank row says processed then in brackets it states ’ CLASS RANK (1st Qtr rank assigned by TAMU Admissions; no numeric rank provided by HS)’ there.</p>

<p>Btw out of pure paranoia can I just ask, has anyone received a decision yet ? :)</p>

<p>@xoxo: This is what I thought would happen to my son’s class rank checkoff. I hope we can figure out what happened this week. While I think he will get in (eventually) as a review admit, I understand that for some of the most competitive engineering majors you almost have to be auto-admitted to get into those programs before they are full.</p>

<p>I believe if you are from a nonranking high school or homeschooled, they automatically put you in the top 25%.</p>

<p>@jro: If he goes to a nonranking hs then the admissions office will have to assign him a rank based on school profile right? Maybe they’re still trying to ‘derive’ his rank, so to speak, so his class rank info would be processed but not completed yet, so no check mark? Actually where did your son email his admissions counselor? Like is it the one representing his region or what? I used the ‘Contact Us’ email via AIS to confirm that some of my documents were received because they didn’t show up on AIS and they answered my email the next day. I didn’t actually expect a reply that fast :slight_smile: If your son didn’t use that then it’s definitely worth a try :)</p>

<p>@whoareyou: Homeschooled -> auto top 25%. nonranking hs -> admissions derives a rank based on school profile.</p>

<p>xoxo: thanks. we’ll try that. JR</p>

<p>xoxovivannnnn,</p>

<p>Still waiting - everything’s processed. Hopefully, as soon as someone’s accepted, we’ll start seeing it reflected in posts here.</p>