JMU Early Action for Fall of 2023

We were at VT recently for a tour and they specifically said they look for AP Calculus. He said if your guidance counselor tells you to take just stats don’t do it, especially for engineering.

1 Like

I do think the lack of calculus may be the issue. She’s done four years of math, but went into a Data Analysis because her LD just makes Calculus nearly impossible. She’s a very strong humanities student, but not math. She did not apply for any type of math major. But I do think it just gives them a reason to not accept. It’s really disappointing, but I don’t think she’ll even take the WL. Moving on.

My son was waitlisted last year – in state, 3.85 gpa, 1470 SAT. We suspected it was yield protection, but can’t be sure. They did reach out not too long after decisions to see if he was still interested, so the waitlist does move.

1 Like

Daughter accepted. Oos. Biology. No email. Just posted it in her portal. They did say on social media RD were in.

2 Likes

daughter was waitlisted, dont understand above criteria to be accepted, was safety school, penn state accepted her, how can that happen…anything we can do for reconsideration

Send a letter to her admissions counselor letting them know that JMU is her dream school and that if offered a spot she would definitely go.

1 Like

Anyone know of JMU has given any merit scholarships yet? We are also still waiting for some of the other non-merit scholarships like COB 50.

From my past experience, JMU gives very little to any money.

1 Like

The give some — depends on the school you applied to.

Our acceptance letter stated that we would be notified by the end of March.

1 Like

Ok I stand corrected. My daughter just received a 2 year housing merit scholarship. She was accepted a few weeks ago.

How did you find out? We are anxiously awaiting word in any merit scholarships or otherwise.

D was just offered in state tuition yesterday by a “Second Century scholarship”. We don’t know a ton about JMU. This makes it a top contender, lowest offer we have so far including our flagship Unv of Wisconsin. Please, Any info/thoughts on JMU is welcomed!! She will be studying biology. Wants to be a PA.

3 Likes

She got an email about it.

I believe so. I have a limit of about 3 questions I can ask before she shuts down with “why do you ask so many questions” :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Is anyone heard anything about the CoB award? We are really trying to figure out how to make JMU more cost effective as we are OOS.

1 Like

If it is helpful, here are details on the Second Century Scholarship STEM Scholarships - JMU

Congratulations to your daughter!!

1 Like

We are still waiting on COB scholarship as well. My daughter contacted the school on 3/15 and was told that awardees would be notified “in the next week or so”.

1 Like

So looking at this scholarship mine got. It says it’s a merit scholarship…it’s like 5500 a year towards housing. But then it states you have to live on campus for the 2 years. Happy and surprised to see any money out of JMU but 5500 doesn’t do too much and certainly don’t want to be locked into living on campus for 2 years

1 Like

My DD decided to accept her admission. Unfortunately, when trying to accept on MyMadison, she is getting an error on the final payment step:

Our system is not able to recognize you
There was a problem signing into our secure payment site.

Anyone seen this error before? Any suggestions? I have submitted an HelpDesk ticket.