Just got accepted!

<p>KCD2013, where did you see your major? S was admitted, but I can’t find anywhere that says to what major? He applied for Engineering, and don’t see any reason he shouldn’t get it, but would like to know for sure?</p>

<p>It says “Offered Admission into Mathematics (Second-Choice Major)
Congratulations!
You may accept our offer of admission by paying the $400 matriculation deposit either online by eCheck or by printing, completing, and mailing a response form with your check or money order as directed below…”
I’m hoping that I met some requirement for the math and was admitted there, and that 's still a possibility for Engineering (as is want to go into Computer Science)</p>

<p>Interesting… just checked and his says “Congratulations!
You may accept our offer of admission by paying the $400 matriculation deposit either online by eCheck or by printing, completing, and mailing a response form with your check or money order as directed below.”</p>

<p>So, wonder if that means he got his first choice?</p>

<p>What does the heading for that section of the table say? That’s where the info about my major was.</p>

<p>KCD2013 - I think you might have to ask Admissions whether they will still consider you for Engineering. Keep in mind though that the Applied and Discrete Mathematics option is a CS-heavy Math degree. You need one more course to receive a CS minor. The CS degree in Engineering is likewise math heavy (one additional course to receive math minor). If you could add even more CS classes you might decide that you prefer the mix of classes available with the Math degree over the other required classes in Engineering.</p>

<p>My only issue there is that I’m planning on a software engineering career, (not traditional engineering, but is still engineering). I will definitely look into the math/cs major/minor though. Thank you.</p>

<p>Would anyone know what the actual admissions page looks like and where the decision is actually posted on the application information page?</p>

<p>biodawg - When you log into your student account, there is one link available that says “Application Information.” Click it. The next page has several links, click the one that says “Fall Semester 2013.” Your admissions decision (if there is one yet) will then be about halfway down the next page.</p>

<p>KCD2013, it just says OFFERED ADMISSIONS, and then goes in the the Congratulations thing… so guessing that means he got his first choice? I guess we just have to wait for the packet to arrive to confirm.</p>

<p>I called the admissions office today, and they said that more info was coming in the mail.</p>

<p>My packet arrived today. Accepted to General Engineering!</p>

<p>My son first received an invitation to the the Facebook page for admitted students (yesterday am). Then, he received a congratulatory email (a few hours later), and when he got home, we got a letter for admission in the mail. In the letter it specified that he was accepted to General Engineering (yay!).</p>

<p>I was just told that our school district (Chesterfield Co., VA) sent out mid-terms to VaTech on 2/14 via snail mail, so I’m not expecting to hear any decision this early as I think the mid-terms will be a factor, especially for the engineering school.</p>

<p>Not to worry you gigagirl but chesterfield is my district too and I have a couple of friends who have been accepted into engineering as of a few days ago, but I’m still waiting on the same thing.</p>

<p>Anyone hear about honors?</p>

<p>Garrrrrrrr…I may have assumed it was the whole county, but it could be just our particular high school that sent midterms out on 2/14. It was our school counselor that I spoke to.
Tech would have gotten them, probably Tues. and still sorting/evaluating? We’ll sit tight and wait - an answer will come sooner or later!</p>

<p>@palves… S has not heard about honors yet, but if we go on his portal it says his honors app has been reviewed and scored.</p>

<p>gigagirl - please be prepared to wait until late March. The unfortunate side effect of letting some people know early is that others begin to worry that there was something wrong with their application. Perhaps something was missing or it didn’t make the initial automatic “yes”. WRONG! Tech most likely hasn’t even taken a first look at the application. We were in the same boat last year - -DS had great grades, great SATs, great ECs, honors eligible and didn’t hear until late March.</p>

<p>ChrisTDK – Yup! That’s what I plan on…waiting until late March. I know Tech has already gotten all his paperwork since he was originally an ED and was deferred to RD. An admissions staff at Tech indicated he was a strong candidate for RD if mid-terms looked good (they do :>)!</p>

<p>Hoping my D gets accepted. She applied RD in mid January and we are still awaiting a decision. It’s so true, the waiting is the hardest part!</p>