Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Number applied, yes. Number admitted, no.

5 Likes

You should do what feels right to you, but for some perspective, NU overenrolled for the current sophomore class and restricted enrollment for the current freshmen class in light of that. On-campus housing is supposed to be mandatory for two years, however in light of the situation they granted waivers for sophomores who wanted to move off campus. Once students move off campus, they are probably cooking for themselves or buying food elsewhere and not bothering with meal plans and dining halls. The gym is too crowded, according to my kid. Boston rents are expensive relative to other places. My other kid goes to school in North Carolina, which is much cheaper but some on this forum consider her campus to be “in the middle of nowhere.” Everything has its pros and cons. Good luck with your decision.

4 Likes

I also heard they closed the 4th floor of the only library on campus

My son has never studied in the library, which I think they are renovating. He studies in ISEC, which has been voted one of the most beautiful buildings in Boston. NU is now building ISEC 2.

2 Likes

Will there be any decisions today? Well, I don’t expect an acceptance, as I didn’t get any acceptance email from NEU

1 Like

The entire library is being renovated floor by floor.

1 Like

Same here, no changes.

1 Like

If they truly don’t plan on releasing any batches today I wish they’d just come out and say it. It’s like dangling a carrot in front of our noses

5 Likes

Same here! I’m giving up hope for tonight for me, as my portal hasn’t changed at all and my withdraw application button is still there and I didn’t get the email yesterday. Either that or I got deferred.

2 Likes

It was never overcrowded until Fall 2021 when they had an extremely high yield and had 4500 Fall admits, plus almost 2000 NUin. They countered with a highly managed yield and lower class for this current frosh class
 hopefully they’ll continue to manage their yields and it will balance out.
Re: $80k per year
 that’s a personal decision on what you find value in
 I don’t have that kind of money, so it was never a consideration for us

3 Likes

I don’t think they will release tonight. There was never any plan to release in waves over the weekend. Yesterday was prob just an attempt to cover for the errant email. What a shame.

3 Likes

Oops, never mind. found it

It says “Have your plans changed? Withdraw your application today”

4 Likes

Check northeasterns recent tiktok. they said “good things happen on mondays” in caption. makes me think rest of decisions are monday

5 Likes

Intended primarily for applicants accepted ED at other schools.

makes sense but sooooo frustrating!!

1 Like

welp that answers it

So for $320,000+ you get a tik tok with “good things happen on Mondays”

8 Likes

I hope that if I end up attending I don’t spend the next 4 years being this uninformed :confused:

6 Likes

Unless you get rejected :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes