Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Same here - and no longer can I change to Regular Decision like I used to see earlier today. Must mean decisions have been made.

2 Likes

Hmm, that is a good point. It does seem interesting (and maybe significant) that the page no longer has the pulldown to change to ED2 or RD.

I have the same thing. Does anyone still have a counselor listed?

At this point all ED I decisions have likely been made and they are readying the database to release them.

2 Likes

Is there any usual time frame from this to when they release decisions?

There’s of course never any guarantee, but recent history says decisions will be released this coming Wednesday between 7-8pm Boston time. My son’s application is also now missing a counselor. It was there last night.

1 Like

In the past all ED decisions are released in one batch between 7 and 8 PM. (EA and RD decisions follow a different pattern.)

2 Likes

Same here. Could this be because they want to funnel all parent/student emails about ED decisions to the Admission office, so the individual Admission Counselors aren’t bombarded?

3 Likes

Did prior years see these same portal changes 2 days before releasing results? Wondering if any chance it can be earlier?

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, my S23 applied EA, not ED, and his portal similarly changed in the last day or so to have generic admissions office contact info and not a specific counselor any more. It may just be a change in the portal format.

3 Likes

Same.

3 Likes

Same here, my son applied EA. Does ANYONE here still see their specific counselor listed?

2 Likes

yes, he doesn’t have an admission counselor listed anymore. Maybe that person left or he is going to be denied (this was a bit of reach even though they offered him an application waiver out of the blue).

1 Like

Does not see like anyone has a specific counselor anymore - fyi.

2 Likes

But, unless someone says otherwise, I don’t think any of the portals show a specific admissions counselor anymore. So don’t give up hope yet! It’s a reach for my son too. He isn’t sure if she should have gone test optional (he went back and forth) but he ended up submitting his 1450 SAT. He is solid in terms of GPA (4.0) and EC’s and has National Hispanic Merit Scholar recognition but there are SO many great candidates applying. We applied EA so that lowers the chance compared to ED but going to just hope for the best. Stay positive!

2 Likes

It probably means that a decision has been reached, and we have to wait for the results.

7 Likes

Hopefully they’re releasing tomorrow! That would be in alignment with what had happened in past years.

1 Like

Will they notify high school guidance counselors in advance? I know some colleges do that.

I could be wrong but I don’t think they do.

2 Likes

Historically speaking they come out the second wednesday of December. So tomorrow.

4 Likes