Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Same here! My daughter got into the global scholar’s program and there is a financial aid award, but she doesn’t know how to access it.

No, they aren’t obligated to accept this. As an ED applicant they aren’t locked in unless they are admitted to the Boston campus.

We are having the same issue trying to acces the financial aid award. I think we have to wait for an email.

2 Likes

ED applicants were asked to choose their first choice for programs at Northeastern (Boston start, London, NUin, etc). Decision is only binding if the student was accepted into their first choice.

2 Likes

No, the email that confirmed receipt of application after it was submitted.

Also emailed

You sound like a great candidate. You’ll get in to other terrific colleges. Don’t worry!

Did anyone get into N.U.in?

Yes, there should be a separate email for financial aid

1 Like

It did not have an email to set up.

Same with my daughter. She was initially disappointed with global scholars but talked to someone who did it last year and loved it. Also can’t access financial award.

1 Like

My DD got an email and clicked in. The portal does not show a decision. There are two buttons to press. One says NU Accelerate interest form. One says Deferral request - NUin. There is no other button anywhere. Can someone tell me what this means?!

Kinda late to this thread, but is this for ED only, or did anyone who did EA get a decision?

2 Likes

It sounds like she got NUIn and should fill out the Accelerate form if she thinks she might attend, or if she wanted to she could defer enrollment? It’s definitely strange!

My daughter did! She applied for neuroscience/philosophy

2 Likes

Same question. Are all the notifications for ED only?

1 Like

Yes-- EA will not be notified until sometime in January

2 Likes

My daughter is in at Boston campus.

TO, 4.2W. Plans to study Neuroscience.

4 Likes

Thank you! Did people who got into NUin get the NUin deferral button? And did people who got straight Northeastern or Global Scholars get one that says that program? Just making sure it’s for NUin. This has been pretty stressful! She applied for NUin but wants to make sure she actually got in!

Yes, they’re different. NUin you only have to go abroad for the first semester and then return to Boston for the Spring term. NUin you can go to many locations in Europe (Greece, Italy, London) Global scholars are a full year away from Boston on the Oakland or London campuses. Half of the year in Oakland and the other half in London or vice versa.
At least that’s how I understood it from the info session

2 Likes