Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

That is for current Northeastern students taking courses at another college. It may be different for entering students.

Thank you! That is very helpful!

1 Like

I didn’t think NU allowed current students to take classes at other colleges.

1 Like

In general they do not but there are some exceptions: repeating a failed course, courses not offered at Northeastern etc.

Anyone know when to expect EA decisions (other than the standard “Feb 1”)? Looks like they released last year on Wednesday, Jan 26th…so maybe this year it will be Wednesday, Jan 25th???

3 Likes

I just did a search of course title and added the word SUPA. Most are 3 credits each but a few are 4 credits. My son’s are listed as 3 credits each (academic writing & presentational speaking.) Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Really hoping for January 25th. NU is a top choice for my son, but it will be the last decision he gets (unless Pitt comes in later) so the waiting is tough.

4 Likes

Hmmm, I thought this was for students transferring in to NU from other colleges (as a transfer) but it also has AP credits if you search for AP.

1 Like

Right, but that list should not be relied on for entering freshmen.

1 Like

Hoping here as well, but since their EA acceptance rates were @ 6 percent last year, keeping expectations in check.

4 Likes

Is there a different list for entering freshman who took college courses to assess whether they’ll get NE credit?

1 Like

Ugh! 6%? My son is trying to stay optimistic but fully understands how competitive it is to get accepted.

Don’t worry. That low figured is an anomaly because they drastically reduced the number of seats last year due to over-enrollment in the previous year. It’s still very competitive of course, but not single digits.

9 Likes

Forgive me if this has already been asked, do we know where the NUIN program is going for 2023? Am I right that the location changes yearly? Just curious.

1 Like

There are multiple different locations each year which will be released in February. I think they tend to be similar each year but I could be wrong.
Here is the link for all the info about last years locations (its also where this years locations will be once they are released): https://nuin.northeastern.edu

1 Like

Where are you searching? I searched the transfer equivalency database and I see Syracuse University listed but not SUPA. When I searched “SUPA” on the Northeastern site, it goes to this page but I can’t find anything specifically about SUPA - Transferring Credit | Undergraduate Admissions

I think it’s considered a college course so they seem to take most but would need our transcript from Syracuse University. My daughter sent her transcript (for SUPA classes) to her school (Loyola New Orleans) and they were accepted & replaced 2 required English classes. I don’t want to jump the gun (my son needs to be accepted first) but I’ll call in February if he gets in.

1 Like

My NU student took a Uconn ECE class while in high school. It sounds like the SUPA class is similar. The ECE (early college experience) classes transferred to NU exactly how they were listed in the transfer equivalency database on the NU sight.

1 Like

The only other site I remember from pre covid days was Australia…. That has not come back (yet) but I think this list is pretty similar otherwise. If your child will not be 18 by August or September, their options will be more limited as some countries have age restrictions for study abroad programs. Not all countries are open to all majors either.

1 Like

Hey there, I recently switched from EA to ED2, I was curious when ED2 decisions usually come out? Is it like EA where “By Feb 1” means January 25-29, (Late February in the case of ED2) or is it just on March 1?

2 Likes