Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Looks like we are waiting for Friday and they are just prepping the site for the actual release.

Why do you say Friday? Is there anything indicating Friday specifically or is it just speculation?

1 Like

does this mean we are deferred or waitlisted since the only option open is to upload material

1 Like

I believe that every EA applicant still has the option to upload material.

1 Like

id argue tomorrow because historically its come out tues-thurs the week before feb 1

1 Like

For everyone who applied and is nervous about their chances, I recommend using Naviance to look at your chances! It shows who Northeastern has rejected/accepted from your school before, and it honestly made me feel less nervous. Iā€™m still scared ofc because I got the error page, but Naviance reassured me a lil bit ahaha.

1 Like

I donā€™t why I get so nervous about college decisions right before they come out. I have honestly accepted I likely am not getting in (I was deferred from Boston University ED) and yet Iā€™m still so nervous :confused:

2 Likes

I would say that so that theyā€™re ā€œsafeā€ with the weekend and give people a chance to calm TF down. lol.

Iā€™m hoping for tomorrow since ED decisions were on a Thursday this year

1 Like

I logged into the portal again and now thereā€™s a stop between login and the typical page that says Application Management and prompts me to select an application. Guess they really are getting the system ready.

That has been like that for a few hours as well

I saw that this morning around 10am pst (1pm est) for the first time

2 Likes

Are all of these changes on the desktop? I donā€™t think anything is different on phone.

Just gonna show this for anyone worried. This is who Northeastern has accepted from my school (EA) in the past 2 years (donā€™t mind the tabs). This is just to show that we all have a fighting chance! :))

The SAT X-axis doesnā€™t show up, but the average SAT was a 1250!

2 Likes

Idk if anyone needs to hear this but when I was waiting on my northeastern decision and when I received rejections from my other top schools I kept thinking back to this post I saw and it made me feel a bit better. So if anyone needs this today here ya go :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thank you for this. I think many of us (including me) are gonna need this tomorrow :') <3

4 Likes

That is way different than our school, GPA on a scale of 7.

2 Likes

I am seeing the application status for the first time too. Clicking on the application now takes me to the apply/status link that was broken before Application Status Check (northeastern.edu) and shows a page not found.

meanwhileā€¦

1 Like

Thank you for sharing that! My D19 applied to 10 schools for music and got into all (including Berklee Boston & CalArts) with top merit except one-didnā€™t get into University of Miami Frost, most likely due to her ACT scores being below their standards. I was worried about how she would react, but she had the best attitude and basically fell into the sentiment of that post: ā€œit wasnā€™t meant to be and Iā€™ll find the right college home.ā€ She attends Loyola New Orleans-who really showed her the love-and she is a very happy junior there! We have proof it all works out!

My son is my more academic kid and a perfectionist, so I worry about his reaction if Northeastern-his top choice-doesnā€™t work out. But Iā€™m going to try to follow the lead of that post. I know a rejection will really sting but he has so many great choices on his list (some well-known and others hidden gems) so I truly believe heā€™ll land where he is meant to be and be happy!

5 Likes