Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Yes. My understanding is that NE will add an additional 5k on for nmf who select it as their top choice by March 31.

1 Like

NU doesn’t give merit for National Hispanic Merit Scholar, correct? I know Alabama gives 4 years tuition and 1 year housing but my son said he doesn’t want a party school, a super large school or a school that revolves around Greek life (and said he couldn’t see himself living in Alabama) so it was a hard no. He has other good options that fit well in our budget, so I pick my battles! Lol.

1 Like

NEU does provide scholarships for the College Board Recognition scholars.

3 Likes

They do - but I don’t think they are that generous.

They offer awards for these categories:
National Recognition Scholarships are for National African American Recognition Scholars, National Hispanic Recognition Scholars, National Indigenous Recognition Scholars, or National Rural and Small Town Recognition Scholars

Details on how to be considered:

Click on Northeastern National Scholarships

3 Likes

Not my understanding. I have heard of awards as high as $28k a year. That seems pretty significant.

2 Likes

They do. Read the above info and you will see National Hispanic Merit scholarship is listed

3 Likes

Wisconsin out tonight !

3 Likes

If you are waiting for UW I hope you get good news!

2 Likes

deferred from University of Wisconsin now too :confused:

2 Likes

I will add to what others have said is the fact that NMF have been getting less and less over the years. In the last couple of years, most NMFs have maybe gotten $5k more (as reported on CC) than what was originally offered as merit at time of admission, if at all (depending on what was given.) NEU has changed their language over time to say the NMFs now are considered for competitive merit aid and it is no longer guaranteed and certainly not full tuition like it once was

2 Likes

That is likely the merit offered upon admission to any eligible student, not just NMF. NEU used to offer full tuition guaranteed ten years ago to NMF, then lowered it to to $30k guaranteed, and now it is just competitive scholarship is considered. But these students usually get decent merit upon admission anyway and in the past couple of years have had maybe $5k added, but not all NMF (as reported here on CC.) My guess is schools are phasing out NMF awards as more and more applicants are TO. Plus they used it to attract higher stat students, but that is less of a need anyway these days.

2 Likes

NU is listed on the list of universities that acknowledge NHRS.
https://nrpfacts.com/the-ultimate-hispanic-scholarship-list/
They recently noted this is not guaranteed and considered after admission eligible.
There is a thread on CC too for NRS

3 Likes

Received email earlier this morning 5am to claim the university account but it doesn’t say accepted and the portal still shows awaiting decision.

““Claim Your Northeastern University Online Account””
??

3 Likes

Same here, maybe it’s a good omen?

2 Likes

Same - any idea what that can mean?

1 Like

for those who got the email what college did you apply to?

did anyone get it who applied khoury?

1 Like

Has everyone received the email?

Science

I applied into khoury and received it. No idea what to think about it though.

1 Like

Science and received it.

1 Like