Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

has anyone tried making an account from the email

Did any ED 2 people get the email? I’m worried

We got the e-mail and I thought it was a reach - so if it’s real I am thinking the offer will be for abroad or Oakland even though we checked no. Hopefully it’s all just a glitch and means nothing.

2 Likes

stats?

Did anyone call admissions?

Going out on the whim and saying that the email is actually indicative. My best guess is that decisions were meant to go out Wednesday and the confirmation(2FA and log in stuff) is sent today.

4 Likes

congragulations great news

1 Like

The help desk says they are investigating the emails that were sent.

2 Likes

No statement on whether it was indicative of admission, correct?

1 Like

Nothing from NEU, absolutely disgusted with way the process is handled by NEU. Did get into UNC with some scholarship
 Which major you got into UNC? Any scholarship offered? I am really hoping I get into atleast 1 BSMD (so so difficult)
 that is my 1st preference.

2 Likes

Congrats!! Is the email addressed to your name directly?

2 Likes

No.

me :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

Yes Ill copy and paste word for word.

Hello from Northeastern University! You can now claim your Northeastern online account, allowing you to access the many university services, systems, and resources that support members of the Northeastern community.

Claiming your Northeastern account does not commit you to attending the university; it only provides access to certain university systems and services. Submission of your enrollment deposit is the formal confirmation of your attendance.

1. Use the above unique link to begin the process of claiming your Northeastern online account. The link is valid for 60 days from the date of this email.
  2. During the account claim process, you’ll be prompted to enroll in Duo 1. FA provides an additional security measure to protect university information, as well as your personal information. Enrollment is required, and you’ll have the option to enroll via your mobile phone as well as several other methods.
  3. If you are a full-time undergraduate student, once you claim your account, you’ll have the option to establish access for your family members to view your student information.

If you need assistance or have questions about claiming your online account, or for any of your Northeastern technology needs, the university’s IT Service Desk is available to support you 24/7 by phone at 617.373.HELP (4357) or email at help@northeastern.edu.
Welcome to Northeastern!

6 Likes

I didn’t put my name or link so I don’t get doxed obviously

3 Likes

the welcome to northeastern is so trippy lol.

3 Likes

The letter looks legit! Congrats!! I bet they forgot to alert the IT department to hold off this email after they postponed the accetptance.

3 Likes

i got the same letter! I got deferred from USC and UMich so I am really hoping for some good news this week

2 Likes

My son got the same letter

No scholarship from UNC - just general admission, Neuroscience/Pre-Med. No Honors. Yes, BS/MD is my first preference also - they are freaking hard, with 2-4% acceptance rates.

1 Like