Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This morning some EA applicants received an email instructing them to set up their NU official account, and the email concluded “Welcome to Northeastern.” Certainly strongly implies acceptance, but no portals updated.

1 Like

The email is entitled “Claim Your Northeastern University Online Account.”

It was definitely sent out by some kind of glitch (since no one should have received it before getting an offer of admission). We do not know if it might or might not be correlated with an upcoming offer.

I hope it encourages Northeastern to go ahead and release those decisions, though. Just get it over with! Rip off the bandaid!

3 Likes

Parent of EA pharmacy school applicant. No letter.

Is the person who is RD and also got the letter on this thread?

1 Like

I dont see anyone who said anything about it. Kinda doubt this is true.

1 Like

Yes, seems fishy considering the portals haven’t been changed and it is Saturday.

2 Likes

i didn’t get a letter, congrats to all that did but i’m considering this an indication that i was rejected/deferred (hopefully deferred) until stated otherwise by Northeastern. they’re acting very shady

1 Like

Agreed. Northeastern might as well release the acceptance now!

1 Like

Yes it is very misleading if the students who received the letter are not accepted. I would think that Northeastern University would realize this and make a statement if those kids are not actually accepted students. But I guess we will all know in a few days.

5 Likes

For those that got in, did you receive any email other than the one asking to click on the link - like a welcome email to set up account etc? DD is on school trip without phone and let me have access to her emails but not portals. Just want to see if I can figure out in some other way than logging into portal if she got in or not.

Sorry posted on wrong school :slight_smile:

1 Like

The real question is if the letters mean acceptance. To which campus?!!

My daughter didn’t get the email but is unaware of all of this. Should I mention it to her (i.e. will it soften the blow and suspense of waiting for the email and then nothing??) That way she’d be “over it” by the time the email comes during the school week. I’ll have to act stupid and never tell her that i knew. lol. TIA! Good luck to you!

def don’t mention it yet since nothing is confirmed until 2/1… we r just all speculating and we may be wrong about everything

5 Likes

I didn’t receive anything, and honestly, I’m kind of terrified now. Definitely needed good news after ED rejection and only one college acceptance so far. I applied for Bouve, so here’s hoping a miracle happens.

1 Like

My son applied for math and there was no email

1 Like

I might have missed something, but does not receiving the email mean I didn’t get in? I applied to College of Sciences for Psychology and did not receive an email.

5 Likes

No one really knows what any of it means. It’s hard not to get hopes up if you received an email, but with NE’s history of errors in the past, we just don’t know if this is a clue or not. The process really sucks.

2 Likes

northeastern also releases in batches right? is it possible maybe just one batch was accidentally released but there are other batches that haven’t been released?

I don’t think not receiving an email means you were rejected, but I think receiving an email means you were accepted.

2 Likes