Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Let’s hope so! I got that email and was so excited. Would be a major let down to see a rejection on Wednesday.

2 Likes

I applied to same program with the same major and am also from new york. I’m hoping that maybe it was only a location specific thing? or a different batch or something. keeping my fingers crossed for you guys (and me lol)

1 Like

Usually batches are a specific area of the country, and there have been letters sent to people all over the US, so doubt it. But maybe its a weird glitch that means nothing with regard to acceptance.

1 Like

Yes keep the faith! I’m not even going to mention to my son, although he may hear the buzz on his end. Hopefully not! Luckily, he was busy and distracted today with an interview for a service scholarship this morning, a 4 hour gymnastics practice this afternoon and a lock-in social event for band from midnight-6am. Hoping those who received letters get in but that there are other batches that didn’t go out. Hoping for the best, prepping for the worst.

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement! My son isn’t aware of this issue and I’m hoping he won’t catch wind of it. Don’t want it to ruin his weekend or worry him.

2 Likes

I decided not to mention this to my son and I’d advise the same. We don’t really know what’s going on with this tech glitch/early email. No need to stress them out. I made the mistake of telling him decisions might be out on 1/25 and he was obsessing about it. I should have just said Feb. 1st!

2 Likes

Also keep in mind that even if it signals acceptance, it could be any location option, including 4 yrs at Oakland, Global Scholars, NUin or Boston admit. My daughter did ED, and received non-binding Global Scholars. But there were many ED applicants who got selected for Oakland 4 yr campus (even if they said they didn’t want to attend that campus). Some were excited to get the “you’re accepted” email, letter only to realize they would not be able to attend Boston at any point in their college time. And the northeastern portal/email is the same for all these acceptance pathways. If you receive an alternate acceptance (ie: 4 yrs at oakland) it is not changeable. That’s your only northeastern option.

6 Likes

Just means this school is out of the line.

Just an FYI, my DD applied ED1 and was accepted for her first preference of NU-in. She received the same letter on the 12/15. So if this email is an indication of acceptance, it doesn’t mean it’s for the Boston campus. Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

Good points! I think they only way to change it is to decline and reapply for Fall 2024 hoping for a Boston campus option but that would be a big gamble and probably not worth a gap year IMO.

Still no PR on this from Northeastern to try to save face? No real explanation? When did all these emails come in? At the same time this morning?

2 Likes

My D email is time stamped 7:15 am ET this morning.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat with my D23 - she didn’t get the email either and I’m deciding not to say anything to her about it. :confused: She’s got some other acceptances she’s happy with, but NU was one she wanted quite a lot and I can’t pretend finding out this way as her mom isn’t a bit of a bummer.

6 Likes

My daughter wasn’t even stressed about me telling her on 1/25, too. was busy with other things. I think she’ll be bummed but seems to be liking and fine if her current options are what it is in the end. But we’ll only know 100% for sure by 4/1 anyway.

1 Like

A friend of mine emailed the admissions office and they said they’re officially releasing decisions on Monday! (I have a screenshot if anyone wants)

7 Likes

At what time? And did they say anything about the emails indicating acceptance?

My D and her two friends from the same NY high school applied EA. All have high GPAs. D has 1520. The other two applied test optional. My D and 1 other girl applied “Boston only” and did not receive the email. I’m guessing they will be deferred. The girl who checked “yes” to the London and Oakland campuses got the email. Everyone can draw their own conclusions, but ours is that the emails went to accepted students and others will be deferred. Agreeing to consider NU IN NU Bound and other options seems to have given folks an advantage in EA. Speculating, but that’s all everyone is doing here. NEU wants to make offers to kids who will accept them. Hence the emphasis on ED and why this year they asked applicants to check the boxes about they would consider all of the remote campuses and programs.

5 Likes

I wonder if that was moved up from Wednesday 2/1 because of this snafu?

4 Likes

They said that it came from the NEU ITS department (the email glitch) and that they’re trying to resolve the issue. As for admissions decisions, they’re releasing on Monday due to the volume of applicants.

4 Likes

Hope they also apologize the the added stress their error caused.

4 Likes