Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

That’s a huge bummer. Maybe it’s a deferral. I have heard the schools know where you have applied and been accepted- so maybe they don’t think they will yield her. If she gets deferred try to let them know she will be a yes if she gets in. It just never feels good to be deferred or reject- feels worse when it’s your kid. Or maybe I was just so numb in the 80s…

3 Likes

I applied Boston only as well, which was the worst mistake I could’ve ever made. Is it possible to switch to other campuses if you get deferred into RD?

1 Like

I’m sure there was an apology in somewhere. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Based on the % of people that got them on here, it seems statistically impossible that they can all be acceptances with their admission %.

5 Likes

prob NU.in, NU.Bound, and Global Scholars. NEU only posts boston campus admission

1 Like

They have lots of campuses everywhere now. They can probably handle the volume.

2 Likes

Or maybe getting the email prompted everyone to get on the chat to see what’s going on- if you didn’t get it, you might not know. Or you don’t want the heart break of spending a Saturday speculating about being rejected or deferred.

I was looking at the Northeastern admissions site to see if there was any explanation of this situation, there isn’t. But I clicked around to the Northeastern London site. They operate on the English system. A student there will earn a UK bachelor’s degree from Northeastern University London in three years and are guaranteed transfer to Boston to do a fourth year to earn a US bachelor’s degree from Northeastern if they so choose. But a UK bachelor’s degree is recognized by US grad schools (except medical schools).

3 Likes

Awesome

Or maybe someone in IT realized that there was a mistake and was able to kill the email blast before it went out to everyone.

4 Likes

Yes UNC is notorious when it comes to scholarships, my C just got very minimal that barely covers tuition, anyhow UNC is not our top pick even though she got into public health school with honors which is really good. Praying we get into atleast 1 BSMD her dream is to become a dr and day by day it is becoming very hard for kids to secure admission into med school via traditional path… Wishing you the best as well. Keep us posted

2 Likes

We just got official acceptance on the portal! engineering, early action, test, optional

New Jersey

And yes, we received the infamous IT email earlier this morning

3 Likes

What state/area are you located in? In the Northeast?

Did you get the email in advance?

1 Like

Acceptance out in portal btw

Did you get the email???

1 Like

for real?

I saw it I. Another site as well. How does it correlate to receiving the email?

I see nothing. Physics major

This is what I understood, too. But when we toured yesterday the AO said that students who were offered the London or Oakland campus would have the option of doing their final year on the Boston campus. I thought that sounded strange, but I could not ask about it because the admissions officer did not take any questions and rushed everyone out the door as soon as he gave his spiel. But if someone got one of the other campuses, that might be something to try to clarify. Although I think it would be really hard to do three years in Oakland, and then a final year in Boston.

Oh, I see Tom mentioned something like this above. Maybe it was only London & not Oakland. :grimacing: