Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

My son didn’t get an email until the decision. He got in.

9 Likes

Rather be rejected than deferred. Easier to make final decision

2 Likes

Nobody truly knows what it means. Stay positive but also mentally prepare yourself for whatever may happen

1 Like

can you share stats?

2 Likes

Same with me. My friend got the email.

Are decisions released by geographic location?

Friend just told me he got NU In so maybe this wave was all international program students

2 Likes

No I think it’s by what type of acceptance you are

In prior years they have been. Seems like this year they’re entirely random by location. Prob by decision type which sucks bc i applied for nuin :sob::sob:

1 Like

for realllll, my friend texted me this morning about the email situation and I was like “omg they know they messed up”

1 Like

I’m surprised they can’t even tell us if there’s one wave per day or more. Do they really want us all refreshing our portal every 5 minutes…?

1 Like

Don’t get angry. UMass also releases in waves. Don’t search for a pattern. There is none.

The staff double and triple and quadruple check each name. When a page is complete, the group is released.

That’s it. No great secret. No pattern.

6 Likes

Honestly I would try my best to forget about it. It’ll be more disappointing to be anxiously waiting and getting deferred or rejected.

There’s a pattern and I will find it :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

It seems that tonight’s acceptances were all starting in Fall at another location other than Boston. Maybe the next wave will be starting fall at the Boston Campus. Don’t be discouraged. I’ve heard of two acceptances at our NY school. My daughter was accepted to NUin (which she preferred) and a classmate was accepted a year abroad and then year 2 start in Boston. Good luck!!!

4 Likes

My son didn’t get an email this morning but got his decision

4 Likes

I miss the days when applicants waited anxiously for the mailman each day hoping for a fat envelope.

18 Likes

I’m so tired of colleges releasing in waves, UT, NEU, TAMU, I can’t stand it. I didn’t know college decisions where this stressful.

1 Like

I don’t miss those days!

1 Like

I wonder if mailmen were hunted down during college decisions week.

2 Likes