Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Were people recieving emails when their decision was ready? Or do we have to keep going back to check the portal? I find it hard to believe they would release some on Sundays.

1 Like

Congrats! same here

1 Like

Are NU Global admitted student stats included in admission numbers?

From what I read they are not. I can’t find the numbers (looked some but not super search. Haha) for the other programs anywhere.

1 Like

The stats that are published are for Fall Boston acceptances only. They do not include any of the alternative entry paths. They have never published stats for the alternative programs other than average GPA and SAT/ACT scores, which are only slightly lower than those admitted to Boston.

4 Likes

NU In and Global Scholars (formerly NU Bound) are not counted in NU’s reported acceptance rate. I believe NU considers them “transfers” for reporting purposes.

Also, I believe NU only guarantees housing for 2 years for regular admits. If you are considering NUIn or Global Scholars, be sure to ask whether NU will (1) guarantee your “transfer” to Boston and (2) guarantee housing on your return to Boston.

1 Like

does anyone know what kind of IB score is good for NU? All I’ve seen is info about GPA and SATs and can’t find any info om what kind of predicted score looks good. struggling since our schools doesn’t calculate GPA or class rank or anything like that so I really don’t know what to expect

S23 is EA. Status still says awaiting decision but this is the first time we are seeing request for w-2’s and tax returns and CSS. We filled out fafsa for merit purposes but don’t plan to get any aid. Question is: do we have to supply all that info in order to receive a decision? Is there a deadline for all that stuff?

Here is my theory about what happened yesterday morning. Based on past years, decisions should have been released last Wednesday, January 25th. They were not completely finished with the reviews, so they decided to postpone decision day to the coming week. The email that many received yesterday normally would go out a few days after decisions were released. It instructs accepted students to set up their myNU account. When they postponed the decision announcement, they forgot to postpone the email regarding setting up their account. It was likely programmed into their system to go out three days after (the original) decision day.

It was a screw up but at least it appears that everyone who got the erroneous email was accepted.

11 Likes

There was a priority deadline of 12/1 for financial aid info for EA. But from what I read it doesn’t impact acceptance, but if you met the deadline you get your financial aid package with your acceptance, and if not, it just could be delayed a few weeks. I would go ahead and submit the info now, b/c even if you don’t get federal aid, you may get institution aid (at least that’s how I understand it
 my son applied to all states schools here in NY, 2 years ago, and the process was so much easier, lol)

1 Like

Was that (Global Scholar) her first choice? My son wanted to start in Boston but got accepted to the Global Scholar program
.not s sure what he is going to do.

1 Like

The big remaining questions are:

1. Will NU release more acceptances (or only deferrals/denials) to the remaining EA applicants, particularly to the “Boston only, 4 years” option, and

2. When? Today, tomorrow or both?

Does anyone think they will simply defer on any Boston-only decisions until the RD round?

3 Likes

yh me too

There is some discussion on last year’s thread about the number of students enrolled in NUin programs each fall. I don’t think there is any way to find out exactly how many are admitted to these programs since these numbers aren’t listed in the CDS; it would depend on the yield they are expecting.

Here’s a starting place; scroll up and down to see the rest of the discussion. Two posts down, there are some capacity numbers for the different NUin sites.

2 Likes

Time will tell but I assume that regular Fall Boston acceptances will come out in the next two days. In past years most EA applicants will receive denials or deferrals.

3 Likes

We got the NMF info too. My understanding is it’s half tuition (in past years) but who knows this year!

2 Likes

My kid put global as an option I think. She isn’t here but I’ll have to ask as she did this on her own.

1 Like

That’s what you assume! Why would kids that put global program as a top choice would not be equally wanted?Why waste a seat on a kid you don’t really want in the school when you have so many applicants to pick from? That’s quite a ridiculous assumption. Schools do not just hand over acceptances when they have an acceptance rate of 18%!

3 Likes

Look at the kids reporting acceptance to these programs this year, and last year. Fewer of the kids accepted to NUin report receiving significant merit scholarships, compared to the kids accepted to 4 years Boston. You can scroll through the threads yourself and see what you think.

I certainly don’t mean to say anything negative about kids accepted to these programs (and my own kid was accepted to NUin), but looking at Northeastern’s institutional priorities, I don’t think they are offering as much merit scholarship money to attract these kids.

NUin and Global programs are not included in the school’s published acceptance rate.

7 Likes

No. Nursing, EA, Boston. No email and no portal change. Good luck to your daughter.

1 Like