Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

My DD applied for the Oakland campus for 4 years. Is this considered N.U.in program?

I wonder if in addition to NUin students returning, the influx is also from students returning from coops, especiaƱly those who are planning to graduate in the spring.

1 Like

He received his acceptance last night. I think it was around 10pm EST.

2 Likes

From around Boston area NEU is not as generous as the ones with large endowments.
They do seem to look at both merit + need based aid to look at overall funding. The statement below form their fin aid website seem to confirm that as they use ā€œANDā€.

**Northeastern University Scholarship and grant funds are committed for up to eight in-class semesters during the studentā€™s undergraduate program. Institutional grants and scholarships cannot be applied during graduate studies, including PlusOne or masterā€™s degree programs.

2 Likes

Yearly or total 4 years?

No, that would not be NU In.

yearly.

thanks this is in line with what son received in letter NUin

What is considered a large endowment? NUā€™s is $1.446 billion (2021) according to wikipedia.

1 Like

Iā€™m also reading Loving Your Safety School - #26 by sursumcorda. Hoping it helps me give.my D perspective as she visits the schools at spring break. In the meantime, she will look for scholarships. As an economist who does hands on work on poverty issues, it should be easier for me to explain why paying so much for a school may not be the best choice. But Iā€™m also a momā€¦

5 Likes

Bless his heart son keeps checking email (kids never look at email!) I just told him to let it go for at least three hours and get his homework done ā€¦ and now Iā€™m the one checking every fifteen minutes LOL But this is my last check in for a whileā€¦ it is what it is at this point and he still has strong options already as well as some we wonā€™t know until March. Fingers crossed you and you son get good news! Would be a kick if they end up at same school! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Youā€™re not alone in that boat! ED stinks.

2 Likes

for reference Vanderbiltā€™s endowment is around $9 Billion; BU and BC are both around $2.5B (for a local comparison); MIT is around $17Bā€¦ Harvard $40B, Yale $30B and Princeton $25B

1 Like

Boston Universityā€™s endowment is just under 3 billion. Harvard is in excess of 40 billion.

2 Likes

Harvard had $41 billion in 2020. The 10 th largest at that time was Michigan with 12 billion for comparison sake.

1 Like

Any internationals get their decision? Still on awaiting decision in the portal for me.

My D22 was NUin this year and got merit that was exactly on the average reported on NUā€™s Common Data Set. Itā€™s not an accurate statement that first semester Boston students are more desired by the university or get better scholarships. On the contrary, NU values experiential and global education so those who participate in NUin are poster children for this unique aspect of NU.

6 Likes

To pass the timeā€¦

Does anyone get a full screen, ā€œmillisecondā€ image of the two students from the upper right corner when they first log into the portal before it switches to the standard portal screen?

2 Likes

OMG YES! i do. it happens when i reload too

1 Like

Actually, Common Data Set shows that average merit award for those students without financial need is $18k/year. About half of students without financial need are offered some level of merit.

1 Like