NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

thank you for saying that lol

1 Like

ppl on reddit think decisions r coming out today but i highly HIGHLY doubt it

see the thing is if nyu sets the form deadline for tomorrow why would they release decisions today lmao

1 Like

exactlyyyy

can we submit our waitlist forms tomorrow or is tonight the deadline?

tomorrow midnight, but u should aim to submit it tonight.

I heard yesterday that I got into LS so there is some movement happening. Good luck to you all!! Xx

3 Likes

Congratsss

how did you hear? Was an email or phone call 
 also no hate but why are they telling you before the forms are due

We will soon know the fate of our futures.

1 Like

I don’t think the form due date matters. If NYU needs to access the waitlist and hundreds (maybe thousands) have already filled out the form, NYU will start making calls.

Do we actually know how many applicants were waitlisted this year?

Ok brand new account

They said they’d update us in may so I’d expect an email soon abt movement starting and another in the end of may saying they’ve completed most movement. This is what happened last year

Wait can I see how your portal looks like? How did they send you a decision already??

of course the due date matters, they wouldn’t bother setting a deadline if they were just going to start accepting people a day early. that puts hundreds of people at a major disadvantage. it doesn’t make sense that someone got in before the form was even due

2 Likes

apparently a few people from other schools got in like CAS etc
 but i could be wrong cause those people could be capping so don’t take my word for it

Of course you’re wrong. The school goes to the wait list whenever it needs to go to the waitlist.

If you wait until the last minute to check “yes” on the form, then you put yourself at a major disadvantage, not the school.

Good luck.

ok lol that seems like it would be a major liability for nyu but sure whatever you say. they go to the waitlist AFTER decision day for a reason, so they know what spots they actually need to fill. makes absolutely zero sense

I don’t know about NYU but my daughter was admitted from another college waitlist yesterday, and its commitment and waitlist deadlines were also today. So it definitely happens.

2 Likes