NYU Waitlist 2024

Hey guys! I’ve been wondering if anyone was accepted into Tandon. I applied to the Applied Physics and Mathematics program and was waitlisted. Also, do you receive an email when you are accepted/rejected from the waitlist?

most probably not, it’s way too expensive for me

It’s very difficult. My son received a similar scholarship to Stern, but the overall cost of attending was still significantly higher than his other options (including Duke, JHU, and USC). We mentioned that we could provide documented financial support to other family members, and four other peer schools took this into account in successful appeals. JHU also went the extra mile to give all incoming freshmen that applied for aid a grant for this summer covering expected summer job earnings due to the COVID-19 problem.

While the NYU financial aid office was courteous, they indicated that they would only consider an appeal if there was a job loss or significant loss of income.

NYU wasn’t my son’s most expensive option though, it was Georgetown (where he was getting around $25k aid per year). While NYU provides less aid, they are extremely generous in allowing AP credit. We included this as a factor in cost comparisons between schools. At NYU, in his selected major, he could have finished in three years plus one or two classes in the first term of senior year. With Georgetown, he would have required the full four. Thus, NYU only ended up as the second most expensive option on his list - and one that we considered very seriously until the decision date given the excellence of the program and his love of NYC.

Has anyone gotten into Gallatin today? I haven’t read anything about that yet.

I havent… Dont think so

I got in! How do you check your Financial Aid info? I still can’t access it…

Still nothing for me. Congratulations to everyone who got in though!

@ilikejuice I called on Friday and the lady stated that there were still spaces in Gallatin. I really hope one of them is for me.

@aarybalkar What school did you get in for?

Hi everyone!
I’ve been following this page since the beginning and I honestly gave up after the first 2 waves. However, today I got off the waitlist into the global liberal studies core program at NYU! I got 20K worth of scholarships and I have yet to get my FAFSA scholarship as well. I’lm also going to call to appeal because we recently lost all our income because of COVID-19.

I also wanted to share my stats because it’s literally trash and somehow I got in.
GPA UW/W- 3.2/3.7
ACT- 33/ superscore was 34
PSAT- commended scholar
President of a really big club outside of school
Leadership position in multiple activities
culture dance for 8 years+
Part time job at fast food restaurant
A lot of volunteer hours
church leader
teaching dance job at a foreign language school
president of my dance company
South America/Europe invited to go dance
I just had a lot of extracurriculars oops.

Here are some hints I had!
Member changed to member-student a couple days before
financial aid changed from select aid year to 2020-2021 the day before
estimated cost of attendance appeared the day before
housing application was at summer 2020

I didn’t commit yet but I’m really hoping I do commit soon…

I got in :slight_smile:

(I am an international student.)

Tandon

I urgently need help viewing my Financial Aid!

To those accepted to Stern, will you be accepting the offer?

@pianolover78 I am waiting on Gallatin too.

I went into Albert and clicked on financial aid and the scholarship just appeared for me! If you click on SAPS and then the year 2021, they show you your cost of attendance as well!

Congrats to everyone who got in!! I’m so happy for all of you. I’m still waitlisted, but I was wondering if anyone knew if there were spots left for Tisch? Hoping to get into Film and TV… :slight_smile:

@nyuadprospective there is a guy who got off from NYUAD, but the aid is pretty bad

I just got in! International student, LSP