NYU Waitlist 2024

is anybody still waitng for NYU nyc campus?

@aaaghosh me!!

@aaaghosh Yep

Many people are

i dont want to seem annoying but I just want to make sure NYU knows that they are my top school and that i am extremely interested. do u guys think that I should send them email regarding this?

I am waiting as well.

@aaaghosh I’m not sure how much it would help. I sent an email and they sent back a response saying they’re still looking at the waitlist and nothing much.

Did NYUAD have another wave or something?

@BdCollege

No info about that. I know only about 1 wave during the waitlist.

@Loriksama

The FB group page just increased by 13 members.

still waiting for gallatin

I came across a depressive thought. I’m waitlisted in other 2 unis and they are as silent as NYUAD. Maybe they already made their final decisions, but due to covid they might expect some drastic changes. Therefore they will try to keep us as long as possible. Only if something happens to the students, they will look at the waitlist again. But for now we can’t really do anything.

That’s basically what NYU already stated in the email sent to us

Hey, everyone! I have a question.
I saw people here got 30-40k scholarhips. I got 14k and I am an internatioanl, though they calculated my expected family contribution and it’s only 4k/year. On the website they say that the tuition minus family contribution equals fin.aid and stuff. I don’t really understand, what was the point of accepting me If I cannot really afford it? Is it because they are not generally generous to internationals? I emailed the office and they said that there is no appeal process for new studens. How does it work? What am I supposed to do? Do people that got 40k have like 10k family income or what?
Help plz.

NYU is notoriously stingy when it comes to financial aid. The majority of students get little to no aid.

Yes, they give less aid to internationals. There are types of aid internationals are not eligible for, and in general they will be more generous with domestics. This is quite common for US colleges.

Average first year student receives $37k in scholarships.
https://www.nyu.edu/admissions/undergraduate-admissions/aid-and-costs.html

It’s a long way from full COA but more than I would call ‘little or no”.
Of course that average masks a range from full ride for mlk scholars to really low or nothing for others. And more for domestics than internationals.

I guess that does make me feel better aid-wise. Now I just need to get in

Has anyone gotten in recently? What’s it looking like for us?

Are we screwed honestly?