NYU Waitlist 2024

Wait did transfer students get a final update or not?

I have a friend who hasnt received anything. TBH that was why I was hopeful thinking they still had space

Hi guys. I know people have given up hope as Aug 1st is coming to a deadline, but I have realized one change in my Albert portal. When I click on financial aid then SAP, a box pops up and says “Aid year 2020 - undetermined”. I don’t know if that’s a change or anything, but it wasn’t like that for me awhile ago when I used to check frequently.

You’re still looking for clues?

@Hhjanise11 - yes, this was not there definitely before. I also see exact update as you mentioned. Don’t know what does it mean?

Ice just announced international students cannot enter the US if all classes are online

I don’t think it will be an issue for NYU students as the school is offering a one credit course

@choyfa the other issue is getting the visa. In some countries the visa office is closed. If the mess with China continues and India with its high number of COVID cases could lead to a lot less students from those two countries which are the bulk of any class.

I still have hope

I really hope. Who knows inshallah we could all get in

@hellowaitlist - thanks!
Is there anyone else also see SAP - change?

Yeah I think we all have that change. Does anyone have the link to view our waitlist stauts?

I think you can only see it on the application portal…

which doesnt say anything much

Nvm I figured it out

Please share

If I may be quite honest, I don’t think it’s much if several of us have that financial aid thing. I have it as well, and it seems like several of us do.

With the problem of deferment, I kinda expected at least some people getting off the waitlist, but it seems like no one did, or at least 1-2 that don’t frequent the confidential.

4 days until August 1st

Well guys, it’s been a pretty fun ride. For those who made it, congrats! For those who don’t, don’t fret; you’ll do fine wherever you go. Plus, with what I have heard going on with NYU housing and whatnot, it may be for the best.

Just received the final email. I wish all of you the best.

For those applying in 2021, don’t worry about any of the “hints” that Albert gives such as Zoom and housing status since none of them are indicators.