NYU Waitlist 2024

I think the continued interest form might only be sent to those who are waitlisted from ED1 and ED2, as those who applied for RD would have submitted a waitlist form very recently.

@asdfgh3 I got a continued interest form and I was waitlisted RD for CAS. I sent in my waitlist form the day I got waitlisted though and probably didn’t put as much time into it as I should!

how much did everyone write in their waitlist form

I wrote 2.5 pages total but I think that’s more than they recommend. Clarity and conciseness is probably appreciated by the admissions officers who have been reading essays for months as well

mine were each about 400 words do you think that’s fine?

As long as you answered why you want to go to NYU I think you’ll be fine.

I think they might not release waitlist for a while now that I think about. Because they are still evaluating transfer applications, and so many transfers have not heard back yet so… :frowning:

does anyone have an idea of how many people are on the waitlist this year?

@UCLAParent123 how do you know all this?

@calilivin2020 Bcs i go on the transfer thread and so many ppl haven’t gotten their decisions yet LOL. I think that might affect waitlists bcs they need to give the transfers their decisions first.

One of my best friends is trying to transfer and he said that they pushed the date for decisions back a week and won’t be hearing anything until this upcoming Friday.

It’s a different process for a different set of places. Transfer applications are still being evaluated. All you guys on the WL have already been evaluated, all they need to do Is pick the appropriate profiles to match the ones that have turned down their freshman places.

I don’t believe WLs are waiting for transfers (or the other way round as some on the transfer thread have speculated). Why do you believe that they “need to” give transfers decisions first?

Anyone else on waitlist for Gallatin? I applied ED1

1 Like

its possible that they might not even admit anyone right? bc didn’t they admit more expecting a lower yield?

@SJ2727 Because the admissions officers can’t do everything at once lmao. They can’t be evaluating transfer and deciding who to take off waitlist at the same time. Especially with the amount of applications they have to go through.

@calilivin2020 i think it’s unreasonable to think that there won’t be any people. Yes, they admitted more people but they did that with the knowledge of covid affecting the amount of people who would actually say yes.

Does anyone know how many more they admitted due to Covid (if its lot more, that makes a slim chance for WL to get admitted)

They admitted less than they did last year to lower their acceptance rate, but in return I feel like they waitlisted more people to compensate

someone said 700 more, but i wouldnt lose hope because apparently vanderbilt accepted 800 more and still are taking off of their waitlist, and its not as bad in nashville as it is in new york

@ourhopeworld yeah and vandy historically doesn’t accept many off of waitlist, while NYU normally does. Great chance to get in off waitlist this year imo